Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Dinosaur/J News & Discussions Your Weather … guitar or bagpipes?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    axisboldaslove
    axisboldaslove
    Participant

I’m fairly new here so this may have already been discussed. If so, sorry!

J’s guitar on “Your Weather” off of the great “Farm” album sounds like bagpipes to me, especially right at the end of the song. Any idea how that sound is produced?

leper-crumblin56
    leper-crumblin56
    Participant

POG effect maybe…Idk not sure. More than certain its his coming from his guitar man. Its an awesome sound. Some of i wish they would still use more shit like that. Like in Thumb the flute sound is sweet. I think the blend of those unique sounds it what caught my attention back in the day. Goes so well with a lot of J’s writing and whatnot. Im listening to it on 180g vinyl as we speak!! lol

axisboldaslove
    axisboldaslove
    Participant

Thanks for the reply, lepercrumblin56. Sorry so long to get back here (crazy busy summer!).

Yeah, I love those wild sounds J gets out of his guitar though it does seem like he relies less on effects lately. But he still sounds great so no complaints!

And yes, J/Dino on vinyl is amazing! Just spun J and the Fog’s excellent “Free so Free” which hasn’t gotten a lot of notice. “Bobbin” just knocks me off my feet!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.