Home Forums General Discussions Open Topic You can’t choose your relatives but…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

cjmarsicano
    Participant

Well, four hours of my life are gone that I will never be able to get back. I was "forced" to attend a relative’s graduation party that I had already turned down the invitation to, but my mother and two of my aunts, all of whom could not be bothered to drive there, "insisted" on my being their chauffer (which translated into I couldn’t drop them off and leave, I was forced to hang out there). Suffice to say, I am so f**king glad to be out of there. Being talked down to by semi-distant relatives asking a bunch of questions about why my life isn’t as insipid and generic as theirs (well, that’s not what they were asking but that’s what they might as well have been asking) is not one of my favorite things to do… so… there was four hours of my life gone that I’ll never get back. Bastards. One can only take so much HORSESH*T from alien beings infecting the family bloodline before he goes postal.

Then the deejay comes on – nice guy but he played such insipid lame-ass music that I was not in the mood to hear to begin with. If you don’t have any f**king Iggy Pop or TLC in your f**king collection, pawn your f**king equipment and get a f**king job at McDonald’s. (Admittedly, asking for some J./Dino would have been pushing it!) Last time I checked, "Lust For Life" and "Waterfalls" were standards too, and I’m pretty sure that I’m not the only one who would have appreciated hearing those tunes instead of "I Will Survive" and "Mony Mony" for the 50 millionth time.

What’s that old saying – "you can’t choose your relatives"? Well, I sure can choose not to share the same column of airspace with them, that’s for sure. F**k ’em all.

SG
    Participant

I know what yr talking about CJ :)

relatives :slap: :x :P :wink:

FlyingCloud
    Participant

I heard something about the possibility to get to divorced from your parents/ relatives in the US :?: …what an inspiring thought! :twisted: ;) :aliensmile:

expect nothing
    Participant
    "Flying Cloud" wrote:
    I heard something about the possibility to get to divorced from your parents/ relatives in the US :?: …what an inspiring thought! :twisted: ;) :aliensmile:

didnt the actor who played the boy in home alone do something like that, i might be completly wrong – someone correct me.

Carl.
    Participant

you are only allowed to emancipate yourself from your parents, if you are under 18, and are able to prove to the court that you can make it on your own.. At 18, you are free to do whatever you want.

and yes, M. Caulkin did emancipate himself. (or at least attempted to)..

Carl.

Pelt Sematary
    Participant
    Quote:
    and yes, M. Caulkin did emancipate himself. (or at least attempted to)..

…and then he went and hung out w/ Sonic Youth & starred in one of their videos. ("Sunday"?)

malcom
    Participant

. . . and spent the night with Michael Jackson

That one sexy gymnist chick. . . .Dominique Moceanu. . . didn’t she divorce her partents?

Long Distance Drunk
    Participant

we have kegs at my family functions. being irish rules

FlyingCloud
    Participant
    "Carl." wrote:
    you are only allowed to emancipate yourself from your parents, if you are under 18

bummer! … but I somehow already assumed that this is only something for kids :P
    thanks for clearing it up, Carl. :)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.