Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

TimPOwen
    Participant

I just picked up a copy of You’re Living All Over Me with only the Dinosaur name on the front, no Jr. Does anyone have any idea how rare this is and/or what it’s worth? Thanks

Bucky Ramone
    Participant

From the excellent keeblin.com:

Quote:
    Notes:
    Originally issued with the original band name of Dinosaur on the cover. After the band changed it name, subsequent pressing were issued with the new band name of Dinosaur Jr.on the cover, The newer pressings maintain the same catalog no. as the older pressings.

….I don’t know how rare it is…..

ivy
    Participant

Hi , I am also curious as to the value of You’re Living all over by Dinosaur without the Jr. I’ve had a copy since it first came out as well as the first Dino album without the Jr. on Homestead as well….Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Anthony
    Participant

i have it on cassette tape.
    the paper fold out is long gone, but on the cassette it only says "dinosaur"

i think it’s worth a ga-gillion $

rambleon
    Participant

if you guys are anywhere near a book shop any time soon, you could try checking out the record collector rare record price guide + that would probably have the info you’re after :idea: :idea: :mrgreen:

simmons
    Participant

according to a record collector rare items price guide I saw some years ago, the only dino stuff worth more than 20 $ was the red 12′ fossils. sometimes those list count nothing.

rambleon
    Participant

well, i popped into waterstones today + simmons was right — ylaom isn’t in the record collector rare record price guide :roll:but … then i saw the goldmine album pricing guide + it lists not one, but three versions of ylaom …

the most expensive is the purple vinyl edition released under the name dinosaur jr … the 2nd most expensive editon is the black vinyl released under the name dinosaur jr … and unfortunately :!: the least expensive is the black vinyl edition released under the name dinosaur …

as always the value of your record depends on the condition it’s in … vg (very good) = 2.50 … vg+ (excellent ?) = 5.00 … and nm (near mint ?) = 10.00 … i can only assume these prices are in USD as the book is written + published in the US … hope that answers your question … :mrgreen:

simmons
    Participant

however I don’t see any reason to hang our heads down just because of those pricelists. dino records are worth far more than money ever can buy. :) :wink:

rambleon
    Participant
    "simmons" wrote:
    however I don’t see any reason to hang our heads down just because of those pricelists. dino records are worth far more than money ever can buy. :) :wink:

i couldn’t have put it better myself :mrgreen: :aliensmile: :mrgreen:

ScreamingTree
    Participant

I just got a copy of YLAOM without the Jr, and it’s probably the coolest thing ever. It’s priceless. I paid 14.77 for it, so the seller totally got ripped off.

mjw666
    Participant

Yep, I also have YLAOM without the ‘jr’ on vinyl. Must be worth a lot to record collectors. Oh yeah, I dont want to brag but I got my copy signed by J mascis himself after he played a show in wellington. That would have to make it ‘extra rare’

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.