Home Forums Musicians & D.I.Y. Artists Guitar Room ylaom pedals

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

sludge_pit
    Participant

hello,
    what pedals did j. use during the you’re living all over me era?

simmons
    Participant

hi :mrgreen: ! Pedals used in the ylaom era. Hmmm.. I know for certain an electro harmonix clone theory was used. (the end of "the lung") He also used univox superfuzz. http://harmony-central.com/Effects/Data/Univox/Super_Fuzz-01.html on some songs. the superfuzz can make a wide range of fuzz/distortion tones. inside the box there’s a little wheel where you can play with octaves and attack. I’ve read J had a couple of superfuzz pedals. that is probably because if you have found a "perfect" sound by turning the wheel inside of the box, you don’t usually want to change it again, cause it’s kinda hard to get back to the excact same position. So my guess is that he has used superfuzz on songs like raisans and slugdefeast . and probably on a couple of the solos, too. on raisans there’s a part where he probably uses the mistress flanger (in the part between the verse and the chorus where he plays C -Bm.. there’s a tremolo like sound when he plays the bm notes.. )

so among the pedals he used live at the time, univox superfuzz, mistress flanger and clonetheory were some of them.

sludge_pit
    Participant

do you know what pedals he used live?

ammaringnyc
    Participant

Back then I think J only had a wah, big muff, clone theory, electric misstress( I know its on bug but I’m not sure about YLAOM), and maybe a memory man. He later added a blue box and the superfuzzes and then more and more as time went on. Currently he is back to the original setup pretty much after the fire.

ammaringnyc
    Participant

In the early video I have from 88 I am pretty sure it might even be just big muff, wah and his guitars tremolo, and maybe clone theory for the lung.

simmons
    Participant

ok. I’ve only tried one type big muff,- I’ve got a black one, rather new one, made in in russia. I don’t get the sound I want from it. this big muff sounds similar to the one used on the1985’s repulsion solo. very fuzzy,but I can imagine it can have been used with little sustain on songs like The lung?

ammaringnyc
    Participant

J uses vintage lamb’s head and triangle muff big muffs.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.