Home Forums General Discussions Open Topic Wow… me, actually posting about a band…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

Dead Meadow

Awesome DC area group, just got signed to Matador. Check them out if you like psychodelica throwback. I’ve seen them opening for other groups twice and they stole the show both times.

Halfman
    Participant

you gtta any extra cd’s you wanna trade me for one from clark?

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

</font><blockquote><font>quote:</font><hr><font>Originally posted by Half-Man:
    <strong>you gtta any extra cd’s you wanna trade me for one from clark?</strong></font><hr></blockquote><font>Who the fuck is clark?

Halfman
    Participant

they are a local band from South Bend, In. Unknown genrewise what you would call them but pretty good. If cred is what you are after, they played at a fest this last summer with Songs: Ohia, will be playing with another band next week called small brown bike, who themselves just toured with sparta this summer. They are also touring nationally in the summers and sometimes on odd weekends as school schedules allow. Just thought I would toss out an opening. take it or leave it.

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

I don’t really have any extra CDs of Dead Meadow, I’m afraid. I’m not on their street team or anything like that.

If you want, I can buy you one, I suppose.

Halfman
    Participant

Nah, I am not on Clark’s either, as far as I know. Actually, the drummer was in my poetry class and writes some good stuff. I just took a chance and went to their show one day and really didn’t like it. The vocals were mixed way down, but because there was this massive energy and such a happy devoted buncg, and the link I had, I gave it another try. Am very glad I did. They also had some other regional bands playing with them such as underoath from Florida and sky came falling from New York, and Prevent Falls from somewhere out west. Now and then they have a suck show with bad sound or not having time to sound check but usually bodies are flying and punks a-surfing in clubs the size of coffeehouses. Big energy in small places….

Nah, you don’t need to buy me anything if you don’t want to or don’t have it, although I am interested in hearing them. Let me send you the Clark CD and maybe you can tape me something you have from Dead Meadow on cassette. I use them in my car often enough.

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

Fair enough.

Jaron Clay
    524 Bermuda Hundred road
    Chester, Va 23836

Send return address with item and I’ll send you a cassette. I think there’s an MP3 or 2 up on matador’s site to hold you over.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.