Home › Forums › Musicians & D.I.Y. Artists › Guitar Room › Would a Jazz Chorus 77 be any good for playing Dinosaur Jr?
- This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 17 years, 5 months ago by eyesadrift.
December 9, 2005 at 7:26 am #48618
My sett-up would be
Norma Electric -> FZ-7 ->Russian Big Muff -> Boss GT-6 -> Amp (Jazz Chorus?)
J used a Marshall, but I cann’t really afford one. Also I don’t just play Dinosaur Jr and the Marshall would suck for some of the opther music I play.
I was also thinking of one of those new Epiphone tube amps. Which would be better?
Are any amps under 300 dollars that would be better. (I am 15 and don’t have a job)December 22, 2005 at 1:03 am #113422
hm, man i know j sounds very good, find your "own sound." i might sound a tad snobish for that, but i mean playing covers is fine, but you should just spring off the branch, and by a total acident i have 80% of the early j tone, except for a jazzy which is sadly also my favorite guitar, so im not sure how much of an oxymoron it sounds like me saying find your own sound, but anyway to your question yes it sound like the clean j sound. also te $99 epi-valve jr. its very nice, not too loud, and it sounds rather nice form what i’ve heard.December 22, 2005 at 12:40 pm #113423
I don’t know how it’d do for a J sound, but Jazz Chorus amps are renowned for their good clean tones, portability, consistency, and the ability to cut through the mix. If you have one, hang on to it, and if you can pick one up, at least give it a test drive and see what you think.December 27, 2005 at 7:29 pm #113424
yah i like have an old 90s crate vc series and its pretty nice cause it has two swithcable channels clean fender typeÃ‚ then a marshall distortion one which i like to use both for my j ripp off sound a like. i have a jazzmaster-dunlap wah-eh russian big muff-vintage mvr distortion+-eh small clone-eh electric mistress-crate vc 50 wÃ‚ (or unknown cheap 60s made black amp)
ps its the one that doesnt have the digital fx in it i got it for 350 cause it was very unpopular dont know why its build like a tank
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)