Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

OriginalPosterLost
    Participant

In a subject entitled "the day I met J" I used the words ‘why we are here.’ Well, to be honest, maybe I was a bit presmptuous. I mean who am I to assume why any of us are here. I feel a certain affinity to the existence of J mascis, I love his music(I use the word love in its purest form, a form that goes beyond: what it does for me. I want to be a better person I want to do for someone what J’s music does for me.) J’s music has got me through some hard times, J’s music has helped me move towards making sense of it all, J’s music has been the colour in a whole lot of black, while I try to see in the dark J’s music has been a light, when life throws a curve ball J’s music has been the wise old coach telling me to swing away, when the fire flirts with extinguishment J’s music has been the oxygen that brings it all back, that guy standing on the ledge contemplating the end, flirting with the peace that probably exists at the bottom of a cold dark lake, J’s music makes it bearable, makes life livable. For the rest of my life as I plug on ahead trying to find a partner, trying to be some good to the world and to myself, trying to make a difference in the monotony of everyday existence, it is J’s music that will get me through. Even if, ultimetely, I find what I’m looking for I will still remember some solo J created, some soul searching lyric he wrote, some numb moan, wail, screech, or mumble that came forth from his throat. It is all J exudes, all he creates, all he embodies. That is why I am here. Please tell me, why are you here??

defduck
    Participant

im here because i was told that im here and because someone put me here and now since this is the only thing i know, I am conditioned to depend on it. so why am i here? i am here cause i am here.

btw, snow: hope yer friend was feeling better the next day. hahaha.
    later

when i die, im dead.

<FONT>This message has been edited by defduck on February 19, 2001 at 11:57 PM</font>

OriginalPosterLost
    Participant

I´m here coz I was meant to be here, far enough from the happiness, at the edge of death.

"At the end, I went to jail & got executed just because I didn’t cried at my mother’s funeral."
    Albert Camus

OriginalPosterLost
    Participant

Man, you guys missed the whole point of this.
    Before replying please read:the day I met J.
    Man you missed the whole point

OriginalPosterLost
    Participant

Hey spiderinthesnow,

Just wanted to let you know that I got the point, not a lot of people myself included are able to articulate in such depth what J’s music means to us. Not sure if you have checked out the whole board so I have a couple of posts for you to check out.

Under Songs/Albums check out Jaspers post Some Thoughts on where you been Dec/2000. Something he did for a lit class but very cool, think you would definitely appreciate it. Also by Jasper under Dino/J reviews scroll down to More Light One reporters opinions from Oct/2000. Articulates a lot of what I cannot express about why Mascis music is #1 for me. Also if you look under Open Topic & scroll down a bit theres a post by Bob about how you got into Dino/J, some pretty cool stuff there as well.

So hey good luck with your Quest, fingers crossed that we have some more tunes from Mascis later this year.

Allison

OriginalPosterLost
    Participant

I got the whole point, but there’s so much I could say and I would be meaningless, coz it’s obvious that his music changed my life, in one way or another.

I’ve noticed that everyone felt inspired by the lyrics, but most of all, the first time I heard J, the cruel melancolic music trapped me, painful chords getting out of that desperate lonely soul. It’s an undescribable sensation, and that’s why I love this feeling of sadness and depression, coz it’s the only way I can keep awake and alive.

If someone asks me what’s J music for me, probably I would say, "You’re asking me to define the whole universe in the limited terms of language".

"At the end, I went to jail & got executed just because I didn’t cried at my mother’s funeral."
    Albert Camus

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.