December 2, 2001 at 5:52 pm #56951
I also heard from a few people that there are good liner notes, but I don’t really ever trust what he says. I don’t have it, so are the liner notes good at all?December 3, 2001 at 11:05 am #56952
Byron Coley wrote the liner notes,so they should be good,he wrote the notes for Galaxie 500`s reissues a few years ago.December 4, 2001 at 2:46 am #56953
The only problem I have with EBC is that there is no ‘new’ stuff on it. The experience I have with Rhino reissues is that they normally include some alternative versions, studio outtakes, hard-to-find b-sides, live versions, recordings for radio-shows etc.
Alas, none of that on EBC, maybe they should have made it a double-cd (or even better: a box-set like their excellent Dead can Dance or Echo and the Bunnymen-boxes…)December 4, 2001 at 10:40 am #56954
Give it up. You know I got the real rock.
Ben (some English guy out there).
I would buy anything with his name on, or even something that sounds like his name (hence the poorly chosen Jane Mankiss albums I bought….)December 4, 2001 at 10:57 am #56955
Hey that english guy out there… [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]
You might have to bring that rock to amsterdam next year…compare the quality, have the rest of freaksceners who show up decide which one is the real deal
Allison [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]February 7, 2002 at 5:16 pm #56956
Just found the liner notes the other day…
Cool pics as well <img>
Allison <img>February 7, 2002 at 6:19 pm #56957
Thanks for the link Allison! <img>
I find it interesting that Cosloy talks about Dino being unplugged when he did the same thing to Bailter Space <img>
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)