Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Dinosaur/J News & Discussions What’s your favorite song on Farm?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Lightning Bulb
    Participant

I know it’s a little early but I’m likin’ Ocean in the Way.

jeremiah
    jeremiah
    Keymaster

I’m bouncing between "There’s no here" and "Pieces" as favorites so far but I don’t find myself skipping a single track.

essgee09
    Participant

I Don`t Wanna Go There(guitar solo!)
    Ocean In The Way is like a country song but a loud country song :D
    Your Weather is cool
    Pieces is cool

tonas

I really like Plans, its a complete song for me. I also like There’s No Here, and Over It a bunch, but so far Plans is my fav.

built_to_spill
    Participant

Currently, Ocean In The Way & Over It…
    that’s bound to change a few times in the days to come.

skatersonic2002
    Participant

Plans… fuckin’ great song.

andyfest
    Participant

Early favorites are Ocean in the Way and Over It. I like the whole thing though so others might top those pretty soon.

…oh, I almost forgot, Said The People is up there too. Lovin’ that song.

girl
    Participant
    "tonas" wrote:
    I really like Plans, its a complete song for me. I also like There’s No Here, and Over It a bunch, but so far Plans is my fav.

I agree! And this morning has been a See You kind of morning.

tom
    Participant

Plans is my favorite, followed by Said the People.

lars_gefle
    Participant

Plans for sure! But I have to say the whole album is really really good. One of best Dino records ever if you ask me.

mind_glow
    Participant
    "lars_gefle" wrote:
    Plans for sure! But I have to say the whole album is really really good. One of best Dino records ever if you ask me.

I agree. But will it remain this good for 20 years like You’re living all over me? I hope so but it might be an unfair comparison. Everything is different now…

mabewa
    Participant

I literally like every single song on this album. But the ones that I’m most into right now are "Pieces" "Ocean In The Way" and "Said The People." I also really like "Your Weather" and "I Don’t Wanna Go There."

hansjoakim
    Participant

I’m really starting to get into this record now. I was a bit undecided after the first listens, and felt that perhaps the second half of the record dragged a bit, but now I’m loving J’s guitar and vocal lines more for every day. To me, it’s definitely the best record since Where You Been… perhaps even the best since YLAOM. I’m still a bit puzzled by the sequencing of the tracks, however. Especially the decision to put Lou’s "Imagination Blind" after the shredding climax that is "I Don’t Wanna Go There". Switching e.g. "Imagination Blind" with "See You" would improve the flow of the latter half… still… there’s not a single weak track on Farm.

mabewa
    Participant

Well put. One thing similar about Beyond and Farm: both are incredibly consistent records.

I love Beyond, and think it was their best record since Bug, but the one thing I didn’t like about it was how it was mixed: J was too loud at the expense of Lou and Murph. The mixing on Farm, however, is just about right… maybe Lou could still be a bit louder, but I’m a bass man.

However, I see your point about the sequencing: "I Don’t Wanna Go There" really should have been the last track. I’ve seen this point come up in at least one review, too.

Robert
    Participant

Plans is, as many have pointed out, complete legend. Pieces is a great opener.
    I know I’ll probably get some grief from this, but from the top of my head Your Weather and Imagination Blind are the best songs Lou has written in a decade. & Imagination Blind is the hens teeth.

EDIT: I have no love for the cover art though, stoned ents kidnapping stoned children, what is the world coming to ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.