Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Fossils What’s your favorite J solo from the studio albums?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 72 total)
  • Author

OriginalPosterLost
    Participant

I missed MAGGOT BRAIN, KEEBLIN’ and OUT THERE.

Maggot brain, what a great cover with an impressive and deep solo. I still can’t believe he hold it for about twelve mins. Unbelievable!!!

"At the end, I went to jail & got executed just because I didn’t cried at my mother’s funeral."
    Albert Camus

OriginalPosterLost
    Participant

my favs are:

maggot brain with mike watt
    alone-hand it over
    star choppin-where you been
    drawerings-where you been
    keeblin-in the acoustic performance of the martin and me

mueran!!!!!!!!!!!

OriginalPosterLost
    Participant

out there and alone, the best, makes you wanna cry

AGAP
    Participant

Hey,

Ammaring remains my fav solo/song currently…god I think I know every single note. It has been imprinted in my brain forever!!!

Allison

Shade
    Participant

My favorite J solos from a dino or J album:

Ammaring
    Get Me
    So What Else is New
    On the Brink [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]

getmythumb
    Participant

Really, get me is where it’s at. I’ve learned to play the first two solos, but that third, it’s still a little beyond me. Others:
    What evers cool with me
    Drawerings
    Feel the pain
    Keeblin
    Not a studio track, but on the feel the pain single, J just solos for the entire song, and still keeps in interesting for all 5 and a half minutes, amazing.

Sawats
    Participant

This question is just as bad as trying to name a favourite song but I will have to go with Alone (the old goosebump solo), Maggot Brain (for the enormity of it, and I like the organ too), and on More Light it would have to be I’m Not Fine. But it’ll probably be different when I wake up tomorrow anyway.

Gibby
    Participant

I agree with you Sawats! I love Thumb, but Ill have to add Alone and GEt Me to that! [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]

shane
    Participant

Easy but great question…

Get me.

However, the solo that kicks off Grab It really gets me pumped. I also really feel the solo on I Dont Think.

Such great stuff its hard to pick – but those are the ones that jump out!

Samwise
    Participant

My favourites are: the last solo on Alone. After the real soft part the guitar just comes rolling in. Also at Bizarre the work he does there with his Wah-Wah in Alone is just amazing.
    Second is Maggot Brain. To keep an instrumental song like this one intersting for 12 minutes is just amazing, it’s what makes him better than others. You can really hear the development in his solo’s. These two songs are two very good examples.

Olaf

sappy
    Participant

Why has no-one mentioned Kracked?

the way the guitar comes wailing in just sends a shiver down my spine every single time.

definitely my fave. [img]images/smiles/icon_cool.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_cool.gif[/img]

K7 Rides Again
    Participant

The Lung by far…
    intro and solo for Grab It (extra tight)
    Out There
    Whatever’s Cool With ME
    and i have this 3 song cd called feel the pain with Get Outta This which is nothing but a five and a half minute solo

nick
    Participant

Right now folks its the last solo of Same Day off the MORE LIGHT sound track. A life time favorite is the intro solo to LUNG.

nick
    Participant

Sorry it is still early for me. I meant the MORE LIGHT album (CD). [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]

OriginalPosterLost
    Participant

The Wagon
    The Lung

those two get me goin’… [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 72 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.