Home Forums General Discussions Open Topic What’s In The Electronic Device U Play Musickness On: Dec 02

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)
  • Author

Cloud9
    Participant

Why Took Yr Advice
    Scram C Baby – Taste
    Gore Slut – Girl + Turtles

Bucky Ramone
    Participant

Favez (from Lausanne, Switzerland)

SG
    Participant

Dexter Gordon-Our Man In Paris
    Godspeed YBE-Lift Yr Skinny Fists…

Bucky Ramone
    Participant

Thalia Zedek – You’re a big girl now EP
    Catherine Irwin – Cut yourself a switch
    Neko Case – Blacklisted

….three times a lady….. 8)

wireland
    Participant

jamming to an old 97’s mix with some solo rhett miller thrown in……
    and db…….blacklisted is so fucking sweet………

jasper
    Participant

Elliott Smith — Either/Or. I cannot believe how good this is. The music, his voice, the lyrics… Also, he understands the art of swearing, as well as the art of effectively using anger in a song. ("Tired of living in a cloud — if you’re gonna say shit now you do it out loud.") More people should write hate songs.

Ryan Adams — Heartbreaker. Notice the little sigh of desperation before "Call Me On Your Way Back Home" starts. Ouch. Love hurts. But damn, I love an album that rains.

Evan Dando — Live at the Brattle Theatre / Griffith Sunset EP. Oh, boy, what a voice. Evan Dando could sing from the yellow pages and bring tears to your eyes. Now imagine him singing lines like:

"Won’t you let me walk you home from school?
    Won’t you let me meet you at the pool?
    Maybe Friday I can,
    get tickets for the band,
    and I’ll take you"

from Big Star’s "Thirteen". Good thing the album only lasts thirty minutes, because it’s almost too much.

SG
    Participant

Magnapop does a great cover of Big Star`s Thirteen as well :aliensmile:

Sonic Youth-Goo
    Eleventh Dream Day-AG mix
    Arab Strap-radio mix
    Hazeldine-AG mix

buckingham rabbit
    Participant

Lately I have been listening to "John Wesley Harding" by B. Dylan a lot.

Long Distance Drunk
    Participant

Modest Mouse–This is a long drive for someone with nothing to think about
    Ben Folds–Live
    Pretty Girls Make Graves–Good Health
    Interpol–Turn on the Bright Lights

Cloud9
    Participant

Will Oldham – Western Music
    Hayden – Moving Careful
    Songs Ohia – Our Golden Ratio

Cloud9
    Participant

Bonnie Prince Billy – Master & Everyone

His New Album
    Its a beauty
    Found it on SoulSeek :roll:

Robert
    Participant

Been listening to the White Stripes 7" lately. Bought them a month ago and they’re totally gutwrenchingly(spelling?) good! Those of you who enjoy a bit of the stripes mental guitar injections should atleast get:
    -Let’s Shake Hands /Look Me Over Closely
    -Lafayette Blues/ Sugar Never Tasted So Good
    -The Big Three Killed My Baby/ Red Bowling Ball Ruth
    -Jolene/ Hello Operator
    -Lord Send me an Angel/ You’re Pretty Good Lookin (trendy American Remix)

Listening to these, and the other 7", has convinced me that the whtstrps are one of the best out there. And that they totally kick the jam out of the Strokes puny asses(ok, I too enjoy Is This It -but it can’t compare to the stripes.)

Also, Luxe and Reduxe has finally gotten some airtime in my speakers and it’s pure bliss and prizes for everyone! Finally I’ve got a recording of the 92 Brixton with good sound.

As for Free so Free, I’m not sure. This might belong in a different forum/topic, but I’m sad to say that it hasn’t convinced me yet. It might be to early to give a final judgement, but I’ll try to give some thoughts now.
    When listening to a Dino/J album I’m always sucked into the speakers by the guitars and the lyrics. It’s as if the guitars and lyrics grabs hold of me and pour themselves into my heart. And I need it. I need the melodies to whip me on, and the lyrics to take some of the pain out of me. It’s probably a bad thing to say, but I need J’s lyrics to be sad,frantic,desperate and on the edge. This doesn’t happen with Free So Free. Of course the album is good, and there’s a couple of great songs on it. But it’s just not right for me. More Light is in my honest opinion by far better than freesofree. I’m hoping that the album will grow on me, or I on it. But I’m not too optimistic.

Bucky Ramone
    Participant

Low – Trust
    Sonic Youth – Murray Street
    Pavement – Slanted & Enchanted deluxe etc,

Hansione
    Participant

While getting (sort of) ready to go to the Low- gig tonight I can’t help playing the last Simian cd over and over (we are your friends) It is a weird, crazy, strange, energethic, simple, funky cd. Moving from soulwax to talkingheads, from beatles to Eno. I don’t know but I luv it! :lol: :roll:

Bucky Ramone
    Participant

Julie Doiron & the Wooden Stars
    Low – Trust
    Hem – I’m talking with my mouth EP
    Jesse Malin – The fine art of self-destruction

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.