Home Forums General Discussions Open Topic What’s behind the signature??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
  • Author

Hansione
    Participant

I’m on the board now for a couple of month’s and I wonder about all the signatures. Some of you put down the source, others (like me) just put the signature. So: Question, what’s behind your signature? [img]images/smiles/icon_confused.gif[/img]
    Mine is about the hope that is behind Robbie Robertson’s: What about now. (don’t think about tomorrow, it’s too faraway)

malcom
    Participant

Right now-New words to the "Girl from Ipanema" I made up with a guy from work.

Tomorrow, who knows? I change about every two weeks.

buckingham rabbit
    Participant

mine’s a quote from this book, and i think its a great quote cause, for me anyway, it captures that feeling where something has happened and it makes you feel like shit and hate the entire world. its that feeling when you realize your existence means nothing in the larger scheme of the world, and there is not a damn thing you can do about it but, well, curse the world.

ScreamingTree
    Participant

Mine is a quote from the movie ‘Snatch’, a Guy Ritchie film with Brad Pitt and some British guys. Possibly one of the greatest movies ever. In it, there is a guy who disposes of bodies by feeding them to pigs (he’s a gangster type guy) and these two guys are contemplating what will happen if the man they arranged to fight in a boxing match doesn’t ‘go down in the 4th’ like instructed.

Halfman
    Participant

Mine’s pretty easy for a lot of folks, it is the chorus of "Down About It" of of the Lemonheads release "Come On Feel The Lemonheads". The quote really speaks for itself, being depressed about being wrong, going through the process of admitting one’s own part in a f-cked up sitch, fixing it and getting on with getting on. Mine changes a bit also.

[ December 10, 2001: Message edited by: Half-Man ]</p>

Randy Jane
    Participant

mine is my reaction to "how has music has changed my life"

Javro

my signature of the fortnight is from a Bivouac record called My Deadend Friend

Rich
    Participant

mine is just one of my favorite quotes from one of the movies that helped shape me life, and helped me be the best person i could possibly be

NOT

turnipfarmer
    Participant

mine is a quote from a beautiful Built To Spill song. it’s called "Velvet Waltz" off the album "Perfect From Now On":

if there’s a word for you / it doesn’t mean anything / I’ve got some words for you / they don’t offer anything / you cold called everybody / but you haven’t sold a thing / a bad idea gone funny / a pinch felt in a dream / you thought of everything but some things can’t be thought / you thought of everything but one thing you forgot is you’re wrong and you better not be angry / and you better not be sad / you better just enjoy the luxury of sympathy / if that’s a luxury you have / and you know no private bad / you know that that’s the meaning of you’re done / in a world that’s not so bad / in a world time was killing in the sun / in a world that’s not so bad / in a world time was killing in the sun / in the sun / in the sun / you took all that moment / and you left it in the sun / now it’s gone because you left it in the sun / was a brave idea / didn’t mean no harm / now it’s burnt because you left it in the sun / was a great mistake / but how could you have known / the temperature, the distance of the sun

Robert
    Participant

a white stripes quote. I just like the sound of it.

Bucky Ramone
    Participant

H.L. Mencken: American Journalist, Editor, Essayist, Linguist, Lexicographer, and Critic

Thousands of great quotes!

Some more:

A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin.

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and
    wrong.

The cosmos is a gigantic flywheel making 10,000 revolutions per minute. Man
    is a sick fly taking a dizzy ride on it.

Hansione
    Participant

Thanks so far, but I’m missing about ….. So again what’s behind it. It is so, so, shall I call it interesting?. Books, films, own creations, songs, what mum used to say… [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    but it say’s something about the person behind it.

PeteSome
    Participant

Robert,

is that not from ‘sometimes’ by the strokes?

PeteSome
    Participant

Oh yeah, my (badly laid out) sig is just some links to some websites I do.

In other places I’ve been known to use other things

"of course I’m drunk, I’m not a ****ing stuntman":- Mike Reid

"I’m waving goodbye, I’m not saying hello":- Mercury Rev

"Everything is sponsored from the sea to the sky, this chorus has been brought to you by EMI":- Carter USM

There have been a few. Oh, look at me, I’m getting all nostalgic [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

SG
    Participant

It`s from a Throwing Muses song-Cry Baby Cry.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.