Home Forums Musicians & D.I.Y. Artists Guitar Room What’re YOUR toys?

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 123 total)
  • Author
    eyesadrift
    Participant

i just got a beat to hell 80s ibanez ad 80 anolog delay
    and an ibanez epp 400 fx looper im hoping itll help control some of the tone sucking im getting from using all my vintage pedals

Randy Jane
    Participant

So how do you like your Holy Grail? From what I have heard, I liked the Holier Grail a bit better…I haven’t heard the Holiest Grail though. :- Anywho….

R/J

Oh, and EyesAdrift……you smell like doody again!

Son of a Nietzsche
    Participant

Oh, what a fun thread! I’m currently rocking a CIJ ’52 Telecaster, a CIJ ’62 Jaguar, a US ’62 Jazzmaster and a Rickenbacker 330/6. What can I say? I love single coils. These are the pedals that’re typically at my feet… a Boss TU2, a Digitech WH1, an Electro Harmonix 16 Second Delay, a vintage MXR Dyna Comp, a Lovetone Meatball and Big Cheese, a Crowther Hot Cake, a Boss VB2 and DM3 and finally a well loved Holy Grail. I’m thinking about purchasing a Fuzz Factory sometime. After all, you can never have too many dirt boxes in my book!

I run all of that colourful stuff through either my battered reissue AC30 or my trusty ol’ Fender Dual Showman.

SonicD
    Participant

yeah holygrails do pwn. ahh damnit you have nice gear. especially the discontinued lovetones. theres a big cheese clone on the net, buy its a DIY. parts and all are 80 bucks.

lookitssam
    Participant
    "Son of a Nietzsche " wrote:
    Oh, what a fun thread! I’m currently rocking a CIJ ’52 Telecaster, a CIJ ’62 Jaguar, a US ’62 Jazzmaster and a Rickenbacker 330/6. What can I say? I love single coils. These are the pedals that’re typically at my feet… a Boss TU2, a Digitech WH1, an Electro Harmonix 16 Second Delay, a vintage MXR Dyna Comp, a Lovetone Meatball and Big Cheese, a Crowther Hot Cake, a Boss VB2 and DM3 and finally a well loved Holy Grail. I’m thinking about purchasing a Fuzz Factory sometime. After all, you can never have too many dirt boxes in my book!

I run all of that colourful stuff through either my battered reissue AC30 or my trusty ol’ Fender Dual Showman.

Wow. Just wow.

sfbarker
    Participant

Yay!!! I sold some guitar parts and got my Electric Mistress coming in the mail! So now my new setup is complete. We’ve been recording and I didn’t want to do two rhythm parts separately, so I’ve been running two setups:

I’ve been splitting my guitar into 2 effects lines:

Line 1: Guitar into Cry Baby Wah into Russian Big Muff into Digital Delay into Sunn Concert Lead (No Reverb)
    Line 2: Guitar into Ibanez Tubescreamer into Little Big Muff into Peavey Prowler (Reverb at 4)

It’s awesome. Adds some clarity underneith as I normally just run the Tubescreamer on the Prowler so it’s more jangly while the Sunn is blazing…for the hardcore fuzz moments, kick on the Little Big Muff…it’s awesome. Most fun I’ve had lately playing with my configuration. The Electric Mistress will be phenomenal with it. :)

SonicD
    Participant

Cool. I’m missing around 50 euros for my delay, and im getting it 1st of the next month.

sfbarker
    Participant

Cool…the guy I sold the parts to only had $200 of the $250, so he traded me a Guyatone Harmonic Distortion to cover the rest…I can’t wait to try that out.

jebus_the_llama
    Participant

the re-issues are apprently not as good as the originals, that said, i have a re-issue d.e.m, and it is brilliant. the only complaint i have is getting a nice super slow sweep going, considering the pot is a bit touchy, though you should love it. congrats dude!

sfbarker
    Participant

Yeah, I’m having the same problem…but I dig the Mistress…Wish it could work on batteries, but I guess it’s giving me an excuse to buy a pedal board. Yay!

I got the Guyatone Harmonic Distortion in. I dig it. It’s a lot like an MXR Distortion +. Glad I got it at a discount…but a cool distortion nonetheless.

Randy Jane
    Participant

well, woo hoo!!!

I went to have a band practice down by the lake today, it was a nice day so why not? We were practicing as "The Essex Valentine" instead of Randy Jane, as we dont really have a drummer right now. We got there and walked to a good spot and started playing andfound that a little barge boat type thing stopped on the lake to listen to us play, and a family of people listened to us as well. Oh, we also stood up some twigs and made fans as well. lol. Anyways, I was thinking it would be nice if we could try to find some little bongo type drums and see if we could locate Casey (R.J.’s drummer) and take him back there and play more. We made it to the music store and found bongos for $30 and I bought them and happened to see that they had a Marshall Mosfet fullstack for sale, but it was $800. Not too bad, but it’s the head, a 410 bottom cab and a 410 sized 212 top cab. The cabs are smaller than my Laney so they wouldn’t look right anyways. I was about to pay for the bongos and then I noticed a guitar cab in the P.A. speakers. I asked about it and the guy said that it’s a Yamaha 412 (didn’t know they made them) but it is empty (no speakers). I was all, how much? He said probably pretty cheap, then asked the boss man and came back and said $50. Uh…..I have two 12’s sitting at my house out of a cab, well I bought it. I have a fullstack now. It’s a jelly bean fullstack, but hey…I like it that way.

Laney 412 top cab, Yamaha 412 bottom cab and a Marshall Mosfet head. I also have the Fender M-80 212 combo and a 1962 Ampeg Portaflex (just the cab…head was gone when I got it). I’m getting a bunch of gear, I like that! lol. I need to get another head and two 212 cabs to make the rig I really want though. It will happen soon I hope though. Probably some cabs from http://www.Avatarspeakers.com will do nicely. Maybe a Mesa…..?? Dont know.

R/J

FU
    Participant

I had a Mosfet back in the day. It was never loud enough. How’s yours?

Randy Jane
    Participant

well, in true Marshall fashion…it only gets loud untill about 5 then after that it just gets raunchy and nice. I can get pretty friggen loud though. As you would know from having one they are solid state, but its a good solid state at that, being MOSFET. It sounds a LOT like a JCM800 however I don’t like dealing with tubes so it’s great for me. The amp is 100W at 4 ohms, meaning of coure at 8 ohms with one 412 cab it would only be around 50W. The added 412 would cut it down to 4, and double the wattage. The output is generally 3dB louder for doubling the wattage, so….take what I have now (which is friggin loud) and add 3dB to that. I have had some volume issues with it though, There are like three volumes on the amp and to get the thing really loud you have to turn them all up somewhat. The master volume can be all the way up but if the volume to the right of that isn’t up, you can hardly hear it (well, it’s still moderately loud but in comparison you know…).

In all, I like it and am looking for another one. I used to like the M-80 more because of it’s bluesy sound and soul, but I hardly ever play on it anymore.

R/J

FU
    Participant

I’m dumping a bunch of my old pedlas just because as far a studio use, they’re okay. But live they are nearly as unrelaible as our ex drummer when it come to general functionality but also fluxuations in voltages etc whenn yer playing out at Bob’s country bunker.
    i’ve tried to a/ b them with modern units as i’ve crafted my rig. the only thing missing is the electric mistress. i have an old one and while it sounds great it is abit dodgy even with a rpleaced switch and a throuough cleaning. The new one just doesn’t get the choatic sound I want. any suggestions wiyhout going vintage again?

Randy Jane
    Participant

I would like to get more pedals too. Then I also need a pedal board of some sort. I think I’m going to build my own board, but I don’t know how I want it yet. I’ll probably end up getting a few more amps first though and get that over with. I want the same amount of amps/cabs on each side and then pan back and forth after I build a pan pedal. If I go with the four full stacks, then I can use my M-80 too that will be all I need….more than what I need in fact LOL. I do want to incorporate a bass full stack into my rig though. An old Peavey Mark III Musician head, 410 and a 210 cab. I think that would be cool. I always loved the tone of a guitar driven by bass 10’s. Sounds like rain. haha.
    Has anyone tried the old Boss Feedback pedal? I really want one but I cant find one on Ebay anymore. At one point there were like five of them on there at once, but since I have money…nothing.

R/J

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 123 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.