Home Forums Musicians & D.I.Y. Artists Guitar Room What’re YOUR toys?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 123 total)
  • Author
    malcom
    Participant

What musical gear do you use?

Myself? I have three basses; a black late nineties passive Ibanez soundgear, a mid nineties sunburst Ibanez ATK w/3band eq, a 1979 Rickenbacker 4001 w/flatwounds (my baby), and a brandnew Bohemian Upright.
    Currently I plug in through a crappy combo amp poweramped out into a Hartke 4X10, although I’m about to order an SWR head.

I’m also hunting for a decent Bass Fuzzbox.

Bartman
    Participant

I have 3 guitars: ’61 Jazzmaster [img]images/smiles/converted/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] , Hohner Les Paul copy and some crappy acoustic (my first guitar). Amp: Marshall Valvestate 80W. Effects: MXR DynaComp, EH Micro Synth, Big Muff, Arion Stereo Flanger.
    Oh yeah, and some 20 picks [img]images/smiles/converted/tongue.gif[/img]
    Bart

defduck
    Participant

hey. ive been looking for a jazzmaster forever. i need one. any of you heard of the rat dist. pedal??? i picked one up for 80 bucks can and it is fucking beautiful. anyways. [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img]

dave
    Participant

Heres my lil’ setup:

US Fender Tele/72 SG jr/70’s LP Special
    -JimDunlopcrybaby-AmpFlanger-Jenphaser-Bosschorusensemble-analogecho-BosssuperOD-TS9-Rat-BigMuff-BossMetalzone-fuzzwah-MXR6bandEQ-Marshall’75,50WattmastervolHead-4*12cabinto2*12cab

Sounds pretty cool when nothings breaking down…

kt
    Participant

Ibanez RG570 (holds it’s tune great!)
    Ampeg SS-150 head
    Peavey 2×12 cab (I want a 4×12 again)
    POD (um, not the band [img]images/smiles/converted/smile.gif[/img] the one from Line6)
    Line6 Floorboard
    Dunlop Crybaby (I don’t use it much since I have been using the POD which has it built in when you use the floorboard.)

Fender 12 string acoustic

<FONT>[ June 08, 2001 11:01 AM: Message mutated 1 time, lastly by kt ]</font>

stillchoppin
    Participant

Ooh, I can’t resist on this one! I have three main guitars I rotate: PRS McCarty, Lone Star Strat, and G&L ASAT Special. For amps, I am really into my Top Hat Club Royale – one hell of a tone monster. I also have a 50 watt JCM 900 (Marshall), and a Boogie Nomad 45 (loud and meaty). Anyway, my signal goes like this: Strat + Dunlop Crybaby + Fuzz Probe + Mellotron Univibe + RAT, then into my Top Hat. This is the ideal rig for me. I’ve worked long and hard to obtain this sound. I recommend Top Hat to anyone looking for an AC30 with some balls!
    todd [img]images/smiles/converted/eek.gif[/img]

stillchoppin
    Participant

Fuzz Probe, yeah I couldn’t resist after seeing J live here in Seattle. He played a mind-numbing set and I, like a dumbass, forgot my earplugs. Me and my girlfriend couldn’t hear ourselves scream – even after the songs! Watt was incredible and I think I may have freaked J out a bit by being so excited to talk to him after the show. Watt was affable as ever and George was just laughing at me in awe over J! Funny story. Anyway, I went looking for the Probe after seeing J’s, and found it at Emerald City. I was smilin’ big time when Jay at EC said, "I’ll give you the Sonic Youth price!" I love SY and it is cool to have the same piec of gear as these guitar giants. Apparently Thurston had bought 2 of them when he was in Seattle, along with a Les Paul (huh?) Anyway, as you can see, I love talkin’ gear!
    todd

<FONT>[ June 08, 2001 11:38 AM: Message mutated 1 time, lastly by stillchoppin’ ]</font>

PeteSome
    Participant

My main guitar is a Fenix Telecaster copy in a lush blue sparkle colour. I’ve also got a red strat copy that I’m waiting to smash [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img]

My amp is a marshal combo, about 80(?) watts. A cry baby wah, rat distortion (have to agree with defduck, quality pedal) and an aria multi-effects pedal for chorus and strange noises.

My acoustic is a £99 fender dg-3 or whatever its called. Not that bad, but not great either…

By the way, just found this board. Seems like a nice place to be. See you all around….

Mattman
    Participant

Heh heh… I have two electric guitars. My main axe is a ’94 Fender American Std. Tele (midnight whine red [img]images/smiles/converted/cwm3.gif[/img] ) The other one is a mid-nineties Mex. Strat (black) this is my project guitar. The body and neck are excellent, but I’m gradually replacing everything electronic or mechanical on it. I also have a Yamaha accoustic, I don’t know the model, but it has a big ‘LD’ on the head and is one of the best accoustics I’ve ever played (short of my father’s ’53 Martin D-18… [img]images/smiles/converted/oogle.gif[/img] )

My amp (or my ‘baby’ as I refer to it [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img] ) is a ’68 Fender Deluxe Reverb… ooooh yeah [img]images/smiles/converted/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img]

I’m starting a distortion collection. So far I have 3, each having different uses for me. I have a Boss ds1 and a Ibanez tube screamer, both considered to among the best by most guitarists. Oddly enough, however, my favorite is my cheap-ass rocktek distortion. It’s plastic, costs around $30 US, and most guitarists hate it, but after a lot of fine tuning I’ve got it sounding perfect. I’m thinking about taking it apart and ramping up the gain if I can. At $30, I’m not too afraid of breaking it. [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img]

I also have a Crybaby, a Boss tu-2 tuner, dd-3 delay, and some no-name duel chorus thing. But for the most part I just use distortion (lots of it [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img] )

ScreamingTree
    Participant

1965 Fender Mustang [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img]
    1998 Fender Squire Strat [img]images/smiles/converted/eek.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/frown.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/mad.gif[/img]
    Marshall 30 Watt amp
    Boss DS-1, Crybaby Wah, and a Small Clone Chorus. I’d like to get: Big Muff, Tele, 50 Watt amp, Electric Mistress pedal. I have my first job this summer and this stuff is where the money will go!

furry thing
    Participant

I’ve been lucky enough to buy myself a new toy: A ’77 sunburst Jazzmaster! So at the moment my toys are:

a ’77 jazzmaster (can’t say this enough, sorry), a 89′ Japanese jazzmaster, a Fender deluxe 112plus amp and some pedals: 70’s EH memory man, home made bi-phaser, EH Russian big muff.

PS. Anybody have some specs on the 70’s jazzmaster?

Bartman
    Participant

check this out:
    http://www.provide.net/%7Ecfh/fender.html

lot’s of good info [img]images/smiles/converted/eek.gif[/img]

eggwater
    eggwater
    Participant

got a few bits n’ bobs

Gibson SG (late 70s) EH Hot Tubes, EH Electric Mistress, EH Big Muff, MOrely Wah wah, Dunlop Crybaby, Boss Flanger, Boss Turbo Distortion, Boss Digital Metalizer, all this goes into either my Marshall VS 80 watt, H & H Bass amp 150 watt or this crappy 15 watt K Keyboard amp, or alternaively straight into the Roland digital 8 track.

almost forgot my latest best friend is a Line 6 Delay Modeler (excellent)

also got a westone thunder II guitar (too heavy – weight that is), a suzuki acoustic my dad gave me (very nice) and a banjo.

see ya. [img]images/smiles/converted/mad.gif[/img]

OSCAR
    Participant

I have 2 main electrics – these are a `94 re-issue Jazzmaster in blonde with gold hardware. I bought this new for just under £600, I’ve kept it immaculate & I’ve been offered £1000 for it now. The other is an Epiphone Gold Top Les Paul with P90 pick-ups which for £299 is the best guitar I’ve had for the money! These go through a Jim Dunlop Wah-wah, & all the rest is Boss – Chorus, Tremolo, Noisegate & DD3 delay. I use the distortion on the amp which is a Marshall VS100 valvestate combo & extension speaker. All this is gigged relentlessly all year round, sounds great & never lets me down. Reliability is the key to a happy guitarist!

eggwater
    eggwater
    Participant

having the ability to create fearsome noise is another key to a happy guitarist…and being able to solo over anything, that’s my favorite thing…it bugs the hell out of everyone else though.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 123 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.