Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    axisboldaslove
    axisboldaslove
    Participant

Hi there Dinosaur Jr fans. I’ve been listening to rock and roll since I was a kid. The first record I ever owned was The Beach Boys Shut Down Vol 2. My sister gave it to me when it came out in 1964. I’ve been a rock and roll fan ever since. I think I first heard about Dinosaur Jr when I read Michael Azerrad’s excellent book, Our Band Could Be Your Life. I checked out some Dinosaur Jr music and for whatever reason it just didn’t do it for me. So year’s later I finally get around to reading Henry Rollin’s Before the Chop (I’ve read most of Henry’s stuff) and he kept mentioning Dinosaur Jr so I said, “Hey, I’ve got to give these guys another go.” I picked up a copy of “Where You Been” and never looked back. I’m now officially Dinoized and Mascisized! 😀

Obseqio
    Participant

Welcome! And we sure hope you get to enjoy all of their works. I was introduced to them by skateboarding videos in the late 80’s. The name was unbelievable when I heard it, “Dinosaur…..Jr? seriously?….ok, the music is outrageously good!” I see you’re a Hendrix fan. You’ll be happy to know that the album “Without a Sound” was recorded at Electric Lady Land and the last track “Over Your Shoulder” is Hendrix inspired according to J himself. Have fun here, see you around!

axisboldaslove
    axisboldaslove
    Participant

Thanks, Obseqio! Yes, definitely a Jimi fan. I saw the experience at Winterland in 1968 and the Santa Clara Rock Festival in ’69. Truly amazing, both shows. Cool that “Without a Sound” was recorded in Electric Lady Land! I didn’t know that.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Obseqio
    Participant

Wow, you actually saw The Experience! Very cool! Something else J Mascis / Jimi related. When J was approached about playing so loud and with a wall of Marshall stacks behind him he said something to the effect of, “It worked for Jimi…”

axisboldaslove
    axisboldaslove
    Participant

Haha! I like J’s way of looking at things!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.