Home › Forums › Musicians & D.I.Y. Artists › Guitar Room › what pedal is that?
- This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 22 years, 2 months ago by cgirl.
March 15, 2001 at 9:28 am #43256
Hi kids, I’m in an Adelaide (South Australia) band called Career Girls. We supported J Mascis at the Adelaide Unibar here on the 25th of Feb and I was just wondering if any of you could help me find some information. One of the pedals JM was using was a really weird theremin like pedal and he was getting some amazing sounds from it. Anyway, I was talking to the guitar tech after the show and asked him about it and he said it was a custom built pedal by a guy called z-vax or something like that. Apparently you can order them through ebay but buggered if I can find any reference to it. So I’m extending the call of help to y’all in the hope of being able to track down one of these babies. If you know what I’m on about and have some answers, I’d be extremely appreciative.March 15, 2001 at 8:49 pm #55469
I’m not absolutely sure, but it may have been something by Lovetone, possibly a Ring Stinger.
J likes their pedals… Here’s a link. They have sound samples on their page, so you can see if you can find something similar…March 15, 2001 at 10:52 pm #55470
I’ve read somewhere that j gets alot of his pedals custom made-carn’t think of the link right now but i believe it was an article with the dude from my blooy valetine!(any1 remember that1)
later trav [img]images/smiles/icon_cool.gif[/img]March 20, 2001 at 3:46 am #55471
The pedal in question would be Z-Vex Seek Wah…indeed a theremin-like wah pedal that you control without actually touching the thang. The guy who makes them is Zachary Vex.
[img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]March 21, 2001 at 10:26 am #55472
Thanks a lot to all the emails I got and the replies on my original post. The pedal in question is called a Fuzz Probe and it’s indeed made by a guy called Zachary Vex who has a website at http://www.zvex.com. I’m also lucky enough to live in a town that has a store that deals with Z. Vex pedals. Hooray!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)