December 18, 2005 at 6:44 pm #112266
True, the Dead do have some pretty bad stuff. I’ve always thought of them as more of a country band though…maybe when you think of them like that alot of their material seems pretty different.December 18, 2005 at 7:22 pm #112267
damn-such negative vibes slagging other bands on a thread about favorite DINOSAUR moments…
in the spirit of the season my favorite moment is when they were all in a room, looked at each other and said they could/would play together again.
the force and beauty of those reunion shows this year made it a good one for me. especially amidst all the badness in the world
sDecember 20, 2005 at 2:44 pm #112268
when lou walked out onstage and came over and hugged me and my brother at the 2nd night of the middle east. i’ll certainly never forget that.December 20, 2005 at 10:40 pm #112269
Recently, at the second Irving Plaza show when J leaned his guitar against the stacks and let it feedback deeply and endlessly a la Motorhead. It wasn’t as loud as Motorhead, but it was definitely in the spirit.December 21, 2005 at 2:16 pm #112270
yeah that ruled, people were paining. i was earplugged and loving it.December 21, 2005 at 4:20 pm #112271
Mosdef. When I saw them in D.C. (w/o earplugs) I was legitimately in pain at times. It was awesome though.January 10, 2006 at 1:11 pm #112272
When I saw Dino, My Bloody Valentine, and Jesus & Mary Chain play 2 NIGHTS IN A ROW at Brixton Academy in London.April 24, 2006 at 1:58 pm #112273
on the 22nd i saw them at the troubador i was up close to the stage near Lou and by the end of the night when they had come back for their encore he was madly drunk and was pushed into the crowd were he continued to yell into the mic and i got to sing with lou and touch him it was pretty insane i had a great time and it was my first time seeing dinosaur jr as well, so for me it was pretty memorable.April 24, 2006 at 2:33 pm #112274
rage:manParticipant"Sonic Crackwhore " wrote:When I saw Dino, My Bloody Valentine, and Jesus & Mary Chain play 2 NIGHTS IN A ROW at Brixton Academy in London.
my god, you are so damn lucky. i would kill to see MBV and J&MC live.April 24, 2006 at 2:52 pm #112275
I saw Dinosaur Jr in Seattle during the Without a Sound Tour. It was at a club and was pretty crowded. I was standing next to a chained off area above the crowd. This spot was choice as I had an unobstructed view to the stage (fairly close too). About a third of the way into Dinosaur Jr’s set security escorted a local celebrity in to the chained off area I was standing next to. For the rest of the show I got to watch Dinosaur Jr with Kim Thayil from Soundgarden. It was pretty rad.April 24, 2006 at 3:59 pm #112276
IMMMainecoffKoonParticipant"Sonic Crackwhore " wrote:When I saw Dino, My Bloody Valentine, and Jesus & Mary Chain play 2 NIGHTS IN A ROW at Brixton Academy in London.
On the Rollercoaster tour with Blur as well, right? I got to see the Brighton show. My Bloody Valentine were absolutely monstrously loud. Fantastic! Lots of people were sort of fleeing in terror during "You Made Me Realise". I really miss that band.April 26, 2006 at 9:32 am #112277
Here’s my top 4!
1. Getting on the guestlist along with 5 mates at a sold out show May 1989 in Portsmouth (UK) after meeting Lou and Murph outside the venue. Above and beyond the call of duty on their part!! Great show too! Lunachicks supporting. Ah happy days
2. Forum shows last year. 16 years on. Original line up. Just as good if not better than in 1989!!!
3. Main stage. Reading Fesitval. 1991. That was the Year Punk Broke. That Was. What an afternoon!!
4. Seeing them on the Word one night back in (er..whenever it was!!) doing ‘Get Me'(the Word was a terrible late night Friday post the pubs Yoof TV show – really bad – but they had good musical guests – sometimes!!). Like a BOMB going off on TV!! Mascis just tearing into this Les Paul Gold Top (has anyone got the footage of this? – if so stick it up on You Tube now!) whilst an unamed lady drummer rocked it!! Anyone know who that lady drummer was? She was thumping those tubs!April 26, 2006 at 11:03 am #112278
On The Word they played Start Choppin’ not Get Me
you can download it from freesofree.net – when you watch it look out for Evan Dando dancing away in the crowdApril 27, 2006 at 5:01 am #112279
I stand corrected!
Thanks for the heads up! I will check that out!May 23, 2006 at 7:46 pm #112280
When J attacked Loun with his guitar and they were guitar fighting. Hilarious.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)