Home Forums General Discussions Open Topic what happens backstage ?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

simmons
    Participant

before a concert bands do different things.

I just read that J had a minigolf kit backstage at the hultsfred festival 2001.

anyone have other funny stories?

rambleon
    Participant

i remember reading somewhere that j fired an opening band b/c they were playing hockey backstage + it was pissing him off :shock: :evil: :slap:

FlyingCloud
    Participant

it was Mercury Rev who were kicked because of playing street hockey during sound check in 1993:

… taken from a Mercury Rev interview: http://home.golden.net :aliensmile:

Quote:
    Rumour had it that Mascis booted you guys.

No, I think what it was, was that J. [Mascis] thought somewhere along the line that we were a bit too weird for his audience. Along the same lines we started playing street hockey during sound checks. He didn’t like it, so we just left. He later came and saw us at Lollapalooza and apologized to us, and said he was having problems with his mind or something and didn’t want us playing games.

rambleon
    Participant

oh, i stand corrected ! :oops: :mrgreen: … guess i should have made a new topic … what happens during soundcheck ? :lol:

never knew it was mercury rev though … that’s a cool fact …

FlyingCloud
    Participant

hey, no correction intended, I just fell over that info bit & thought I post it, didn’t even think about if there is a difference between soundcheck or backstage :lol: I just repeated what has been said in the interview…

Hansione
    Participant

I’ve read somewhere that the Stones are playing snooker or nineball pool backstage.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.