Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Dinosaur/J News & Discussions what drumkits did J use/own in his live

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

MVCG-17002
    Participant

I really wanna know what drumkits J has or had (before the fire?)

I wanna know everything. whcih snare drum, toms, cymbals whatever….

pics and liks would also be welcome.

Anthony
    Participant

why are j’s hands so big in that picture ???

MVCG-17002
    Participant

thanks for the interview :)

has anyone a link to J playing drums?

AGAP
    Participant

In the video for Everybody Let’s Me Down, that you can download from Cityslang, J plays drums at the end… 8)

City Slang

I’ve seen pics of J drumming with Love As Laughter, I’ll try to find the pics :aliensmile:

found it, OSX has a great site with tons of J pics, the J pic on drums is pic 1_10A, it’s labelled as J on drums as well so just scroll down & you’ll find it… :wink:

J on Drums :aliensmile:

ammaringnyc
    Participant

I think the clear ludwig set may have been ruined. Supposedly it was black sabbaths or something at one time. I know George uses a mod orange vistilite kit.

FlyingCloud
    Participant

In this current interview, J talks about playing the drums himself while recording an album:

Quote:
    The one criticism that consistently came up about Dinosaur Jr was that, as here, it was little more than a front for Mascis’ solo work. Not only did he write everything but he liked to play as many instruments as possible. In particular, drums – tricky when you have a fully paid-up drummer in your band.

"I like to play the drums myself because I think it’s an important part of the sound. I have worked with drummers and they play something and I try to sing on top of it, but it doesn’t feel right. The guy’s playing it as right as he can, but it’s not the right feeling. I hate doing the same thing over and over again, so I would rather just play them myself and get it down first time.

"I wouldn’t mind people playing other instruments, but not the drums…"

there’s a cool still on FreeSoFree.net of J playing drums in the "Everybody lets me down" video (you can also download the video there in good quality)
    [img]http://mp3.freesofree.net/images/videocovers/everybodyletsmedown.jpg[/img]

penis tree
    Participant

Whatever he uses, I have a better sounding kit.

Man, I’m an arrogant bastard.

Pesto
    Participant

He banged the hell out of my "ringo" set when he stayed overnight and then early the next morning…KACHUNGACHUNGACHUNCACHUNGA. did you want to know this?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.