Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Dinosaur/J News & Discussions What does "ammaring" mean?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Mister900
    Participant

Hi, I`m a Dinosaur Jr / J Mascis-Fan from Germany and would like to know what the word "ammaring" means. :?:

I looked in the dictionary and asked friends who lived in the USA for a while but they didn`t know the word.

Who would explain it?

Thanks
    Mister900

FlyingCloud
    Participant

hey Mister900, cool to see other German Dino/J fans here on the board :):):)
    big welcome. should be great to look around here for someone new. Be sure not to miss the multimedia links on the top of the page :mrgreen:

…and yeah, nobody here knew what "Ammaring" means when More Light came out. But things should clear up with reading this topic:

what’s an ammaring anyway :D :idea:

Mister900
    Participant

Hi Flying Cloud,
    thanks for your answer. A few seconds after i wrote my question I found out that other fans asked it before.

Do you know if someone translated Dinosaur/Mascis-lyrics in german language?

By the way: I`m just listening to the Martin + Me and the john peel sessions cd`s which are not available in germany. Do you know them?

What music are you listening? My favourites: Dinosaur, Buffalo Tom, Teenage Fanclub, Luna, Lou Reed, Velvet Underground, Violent Femmes, …

FlyingCloud
    Participant

… there aren’t any authorisized lyrics in English, all written down Dino/J lyrics we know of are fan transcriptions, some of them with with gaps and " ??? " parts, so I guess a translation would make a complete mess out of them… :-P
    I’ve never seen translated lyrics in any language so far.

Martin & Me and the new Peel Sessions are cool, I have them both. I’ve seen them as imports here in the shops, but not very often.

Dino/J are my favourites, I also like My Bloody Valentine, Modest Mouse, Built To Spill, Sonic Youth, Lou Barlow. VU are also cool. …lots more, surely I forgot to mention a lot :)

If you look around in the "Other Bands" or the "Open Topic" forum here on the site, you’ll see lots of discussions about music the guys & girls here like besides Dino/J…

SG
    Participant

Welcome Mister900 :) hope you enjoy the site :aliensmile: good to see another Buffalo Tom fan around here 8)

Bucky Ramone
    Participant
    "bigreddragonhead" wrote:
    Welcome Mister900 :) hope you enjoy the site :aliensmile: good to see another Buffalo Tom fan around here 8)

…..fully agree with that, welcome on board….. 8) :D

ps. and another Teenage Fanclub fan isn’t bad either….. :wink:

Robert
    Participant

not to mention someone to help me wave the Violent Femmes banner :D

Carl.
    Participant
    "dB stands for den Buck" wrote:
    ps. and another Teenage Fanclub fan isn’t bad either….. :wink:

aren’t we few and far between?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.