Home › Forums › General Discussions › Open Topic › What are the new good bands?
- This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 17 years, 5 months ago by SG.
January 2, 2006 at 5:01 pm #48668
Hello, I don’t get much time to find new good bands, perhaps some folk here can turn me onto new good stuff. The stuff I love and formed my basis for listening to music is:
Those are the big 2, other influences are:
My Bloody Valentine
The only new stuff I’ve heard that I like is:
Broken Social Scene
a few Doves tunes
Is there anything new that has that classic Dj wall of guitar sound or the fuel injected swervines of Swervedriver?January 2, 2006 at 5:15 pm #113613
Dead MeadowJanuary 3, 2006 at 7:45 am #113614
There`s not much going on these days so go back to the late `80s and early `90s and you`ll find some good stuff like…
St Johnny-think Dino meets Pavement.Try to find their Speed Is Dreaming album
Eleventh Dream Day-think along the lines of Neil Young/Television/X/Velvet Underground.Lots of guitar solos and off kilter male/female harmonies.Try to find their Lived To tell and El Moodio albums for starters.
Bailter Space-like MBV and Swervedriver with some Jesus And Mary Chain thrown in.Try to find their Robot World album.
Seam-understated vocals and awesome guitar sounds.Try to find their The Problem With Me album.January 4, 2006 at 3:11 pm #113615
Thanx, but why do you suppose nothing is going on these days as far as that type of music is concerned? I figured there would be someone, somewhere?January 4, 2006 at 5:17 pm #113616
You could look thru the best of 05 lists that our members did…
I don`t know,I don`t seem to hear stuff that gets me goin like in the old days.Maybe it`s just old age Back in `93 I could go in a record store and see tons of stuff I wanted to buy;nowadays it`s not like that at all.January 4, 2006 at 5:24 pm #113617
Oh yeah I forgot,Pandora is a good site to use to check out these bands…
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)