Home Forums General Discussions Open Topic Wedding Song

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Karbear
    Participant

I’m getting married next October and need a song that myself & future husband can dance to as our wedding song. Any suggestions?

SG
    Participant

Just don`t pick anything by Celine Dion :shock: :shock: :shock:

Dinosaur Jr-Outta Hand(not sure if it`s a good wedding song but it`s a beautiful song)
    Belly-Stay

If any more comes to mind I`ll post it

AGAP
    Participant

It’s kinda corny but the Sea of Love cover by Iggy Pop would be cool, it’s on Party by Iggy :wink: :aliensmile:

I agree with SG, no celine, dont let anyone talk you into it!!!

buckingham rabbit
    Participant

I always thought "Into My Arms" by Nick Cave would be cool, but it would kind of only work if your fiancee is an atheist and you’re not.

Also, this song "Justice" by Robert Forster of the Go-Betweens. It’s off the album *Danger in the Past*, but the song title doesn’t really give a good clue. Download it if you can.

The "Sea of Love" cover by Cat Power is not corny and would also be good, but it’s kind of sparse and maybe a bit short.

Karbear
    Participant

Thanks for the ideas so far. I’m definately not doing any Celine or any other corny pop songs. We want something that fits our personalities. 8)

*sophie*
    Participant

i would go for :

J MASCIS + THE FOG – BACK BEFORE YOU GO !

very rock ! damn good ! i can imagine you my dear Karen ! :mrgreen:

malcom
    Participant

Beat Happening-Bad Seeds,
    Yo La Tengo-Sugarcube, Nothing But You and Me

fuck it, just play "Rock Lobster"

Robert
    Participant

Neutral Milk Hotel – Untitled
    -this would be, without a doubt, the greatest wedding song ever. Bursting of joy and energy with bagpipes, accordians and whatnot.

Hansione
    Participant

What about: Happy loving couples by Joe Jackson would be nice :?

SG
    Participant

Robert-actually someone on another site said they went to a wedding in which they played all of Neutral Milk Hotel`s Aeroplane Over The Sea :aliensmile: I heard once on the radio about a wedding that played the JAMC`s Psychocandy :P :twisted:

Robert
    Participant

That is so cool! If I ever get married I’m definetely going with Neutral Milk Hotel! But perhaps not the whole album though. Not sure everything would set the right mood; "Your father made fetuses, with flesh licking ladies, while you and your mother were asleep in the trailerpark."(Oh Comely) Or when it tells the tale of the siamese twins who are left to die in the forest, and seeks comfort in the fact that they will find warmth inside the stomach of an animal. Perhaps not the best wedding material..

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.