Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    sticksman79
    Participant

Any idea who will be distibuting the waistin’ single or will it go on general release? thanks

theexile
    Participant

Have a look at http://www.cityslang.com/home.html

They have a picture of the single and details. It will come out on CD and as a limited 7".

Apologies if everyone has seen this already…

theexile
    Participant

It comes out on the 11th of June (next Monday)

theexile
    Participant

OK – I don’t know what’s going on with the release of this single but I am only able to get hold of the 7" version.

The UK distributors are claiming that there isn’t a CD singlerversion at all! Has anyone managed to get hold of the CD single version yet?

It’s more annoying because the CD was supposed to have three tracks while the 7" only has "Waistin’" and "Leaving On A Jet Plane"!

jeremiah
    jeremiah
    Keymaster

I’ll see if I can find out anything from City Slang…

Strange!

SimonM
    Participant

I looked on http://www.hmv.co.uk

If you search for ‘mascis fog’, you’ll see a CD single titled ‘Leaving On a Jetplane’. Unfortunately there is no track listing, but it definitely says ‘CDS’ as the format.

theexile
    Participant

This just in from City Slang UK:

The single is being released in the UK on 7" only. City Slang’s
    European set up – which is separate to the UK one – is releasing it on
    CD as well. I’m afraid sometimes these are the breaks. I am sure you’d
    be able to get one on import, and I apologise that you can’t find it
    more easily in the UK. There are a number of reasons, boring to say the
    least…
    If you draw a blank I will see what I can do but I am out of the Uk
    until next week.
    Best wishes,
    Wyndham

sticksman79
    Participant

OK folks, I posted the question and i might be able to help with the answer. I managed to find the cd single (although yet to receive it in the post) from german label Glitterhouse. (May remember they released The Wagon b/w Better than Gone). Everything’s in German but i knew enough to get the order in. I’ll let you know when i get it, otherwise its a hoax. Forget about trying to get stuff in England, they’re all morons at HMV etc. Most of them never even heard of Dinosaur Jr!

SimonM
    Participant

I just ordered the single from Glitterhouse (thanks sticksman79). It doesn’t say that it includes the third track, but it doesn’t say it doesn’t… I’ll let you know when it turns up.

Simon.

OneWoodman
    Participant

Does anybody know if they wanna make video to waistin?
    mo

OriginalPosterLost
    Participant

I ordered it at my local record store….in Germany….and got it after 3 days….any cd-r trades ?

SimonM
    Participant

I received my Waistin’ single from Glitterhouse today! It does include the third track, "See it as always", and I like it. It’s just under 2 mins long and at a pretty frantic tempo. About half way through a nicely fuzzy buzzsaw bass sound kicks in for 8 bars – I like that bit.

If you haven’t ordered it, do:-
    http://www.glitterhouse.de

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.