Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Dinosaur/J News & Discussions vote to hear j play live on bbc 6

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

rambleon
    Participant

vote here … http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/music/dream_ticket.shtml on the bbc 6 music website to hear j play live on their nightly live music show called the dream ticket … 8)

just pick your favourite show(s) :D … and as you can see they have many non-UK shows archived as well :mrgreen: :aliensmile: :mrgreen:

AGAP
    Participant

Sounds like a great idea, I think the heat has gotten to my brain though, I can’t seem to find the list of archived shows. The only thing I’ve come up with…

J Mascis :aliensmile: Dinosaur Jr :mrgreen:

I’m sure it’s easily accessed, no doubt I’m missing something pretty simple. If you could point me in the right direction so my currently challenged brain cells don’t implode, I’ll add the contest & list of options to the latest news :mrgreen:

Would be cool to choose one that isn’t readily available on FreeSoFree.net or here… :wink:

rambleon
    Participant

oops sorry !!! it’s probably me being a goof and i didn’t explain myself v.well …

the bbc has a HUGE archive of many bands … and at the bottom right corner of the link i mentioned is a box where you can vote for your dream ticket – ie, the shows and the bands you’d like to hear … like if you wanted to hear the stooges tribute from dec 02 — or last year’s performance at all tomorrow’s parties – or whatever show then you could vote for it … you know ?

i guess i just figured that if enough people from freakscene voted to hear j – whether it be dinosaur jr, with the fog, solo or side project like the stooges tribute – that they’d play one of his shows …

does that make sense now ? :mrgreen:

AGAP
    Participant

Makes perfect sense, I thought they’d have an archive list of shows to choose from…but I can definitely put out some dream ideas on shows I’d love to hear.

That Asheton Asheton, Mascis & Watt show sounds like a good number one to me :wink:

FlyingCloud
    Participant

cool find, rambleon & thanks for the explanation :D 8)
    I’ll think a bit about what to fill in there, but I’ll certainly send them some wishes :idea:

they might like the thought of playing a J show again, as they seem to like J :mrgreen:

rambleon
    Participant

hey, it looks like the voting worked :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: … dinosaur jr is listed to play on wed 15 oct … yahooooo … so much good j news lately :aliensmile: :aliensmile: :aliensmile:

AGAP
    Participant

:mrgreen: :aliensmile: :mrgreen:

Looking forward to it :!:

Joe Strummer & Nick Cave on Monday, J Mascis on Tuesday… :aliensmile:

FlyingCloud
    Participant

cool news! 8) :!: :mrgreen: thanks for the info, rambleon!

I’m curious what they’ll play in the show :? I’ll definitely listen to it!

K7 Rides Again
    Participant

not to change the subject…but since were talking about listening to J online…is there still FREAKSCENE RADIO???

rambleon
    Participant

yeah, that’s the thing about the bbc6 website … they don’t list the venue + date until the show’s already been aired … so you have to listen to find out … :|

FlyingCloud
    Participant

hey kurticus, the great Freakscene.net radio still exists. it plays Dinosaur Jr/ J mascis tunes 24/7, but it looks like there’s a little problem about it…
    the provider http://www.live365.com gives access to it (and lots of their other internet radio stations) only to "preferred members" who actually have to pay at least $ 3,95 a month :| …maybe time to start a new channel? :? :idea:

FlyingCloud
    Participant

Tonight the BB6 radio show Dream Ticket will broadcast Dinosaur Jr live material out of their (very big) archives :mrgreen:

which show it will be is still not known.

The show will start at 10 pm (GMT+1) and there will be shows of Yes, Dinosaur Jr, Be Bop Deluxe and Supergrass. It’s possible to listen online, and today’s show will be up on their site over the next 4 days :)šŸ™‚

rambleon
    Participant

brixton academy … thought it would be … but that’s cool … maybe they have some other stuff archived as well ?… how cool would that be if they had the stooges tribute ?? … anyhow, the presenter did say to email her, so i guess i will :wink: :mrgreen:

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.