Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Dinosaur/J News & Discussions Vote for Dinosaur Jr. at universalbuzz.com

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 56 total)
  • Author

Hey. Stanley from Universalbuzz here. First off I want to say thanks to everyone for the support! We are in a tough spot right now, and the more interest you guys show in us, the more likely we are to succeed in bringing you more live shows.

Some of you may have heard our radio show on your local college station. You may have noticed Ubuzz is missing from the spring program listing on your favorite station… Unfortunately due to lack of funding the only station we are producing our show for right now is WBER in Rochester NY. So the website is our main pipeline to bring the music to you. We’re looking to get back on the airwaves soon, and one of the big things the money men are looking at is our web traffic, so every show you listen to and every time you visit our site you’re helping us get back on the air. So many thanks go out to all of you.

Now to answer your questions:
    Yes, we are painfully aware that Dino Jr. is no more. Being a late-era Dino fan, I am perfectly happy with what J is doing right now (and hooking up with Mike Watt and Bob Pollard is definitely a ++++).

Yes, the System of a Down people are spamming the vote a bit, but I will take their multiple votes out of consideration before the final tally is done. You can only vote once every hour or so, so if it comes up with the "Cheater" message, try again later.

The voting usually goes 2 weeks but I am extending it due to my own busy-ness with the holidays. The voting will end on January 7.

Yeah, the shows are archived. Definitely go to the bands section and listen to some of the other shows. We have like 200 or so samples up right now, and like 15 live shows.

Thanks again for the support and keep it up. We need all the help we can get.

Stanley from Ubuzz….

(Disclaimer: This is not my day job, I do this for free just cuz I love the music and love getting into shows for free every now and then.)

dfkgurl
    Participant

Dino at 45%!!! [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Anthony
    Participant

pretty cool. so what are the rewards of us voting like madmen?

AGAP
    Participant

Benefit for continuing to vote frequently is the prize of hearing a streamed Dino Jr concert…could be from the 89-92 period so would be very cool. Another cool reason is so blink and sOd don’t beat us…that would suck. So keep voting, rumor is that message is posted on some blink and sOd sites so it could get close [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Big thanks to [email protected] for the info!!!

Allison

John Dyson
    Participant

now 46% – soad down to 30%. Still by the looks of the post above, there’s a good way to go yet!!

John

Anthony
    Participant

sounds cool, never heard of sOD though

Bucky Ramone
    Participant

<blockquote><font>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by AnthonyG:
    <strong>sounds cool, never heard of sOD though</strong><hr></blockquote>

Oh, you lucky one!!!!!!

[img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

SG
    Participant

Looks good Freaks [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

dfkgurl
    Participant

Dino 48%, SOD 27%. Woo-hoo!

dfkgurl
    Participant

I haven’t been able to get UniversalBuzz to come up, keep getting a blank web page. Anyone else having problems?

AGAP
    Participant

Hey DFK,

I haven’t been able to reach it whenever I tried today either…including just now. Fingers crossed its just a minor problem and they will be back up to play that concert for us soon!!!

Allison

SG
    Participant

It`s back up now,Dino`s still at 48% [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

maxini
    Participant

Back at 49 now (we were there for a while b4 the thing went down). Now get the thumb out of that hole and let’s push this baby up to 50!

AGAP
    Participant

We hit 50% [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

But now I’m starting to feel greedy, hmmm keep voting lets see how high we can get it!!!

Allison [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

rosa
    Participant

Hey,

I quit voting tonight. The first time I checked out the page, I accidentally voted for System of a Down, so I went back and voted for Dino to cancel it out, then voted a few more times, then realized that I needed RealPlayer, then decided that I’d be altruistic & keep voting so you guys could enjoy it, then decided (after a few days of voting) that I’d contributed enough to help birth something that I won’t be able to enjoy.

It’s at 50% last I checked; you guys should be in the clear if you keep on it. Good luck–

Rosa

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.