April 15, 2004 at 6:23 pm #46908
so like i really wanna bring my little camera and video tape j, sebadoh and sonic youth at the benefit show. i also wanna videotape the sebadoh boston show. im scared of getting kicked out though. if the band allows taping can they kick you out for taping? i wanna tape real bad i just dont wanna get kicked out of the show. anyone know what the deal is on that shit?April 16, 2004 at 1:30 pm #101226
the only way to be really sure, is to ask in advance
he replied very quickly to my questions, and was very accurate. so maybe you just ask there, as they might know the venue well, but aren’t directly employees there. … just a thought, no idea if it will bring you further.
would be so cool to have decent recordings of the show!!!April 16, 2004 at 2:37 pm #101227
i 100% intend on filming this show as well.
if you have better equipment than i do, then we’ll use yours.
i am coming with tripod, a sony dcr-trv19 dv handycam, and a possible laptop.
i know i’ll get fantastic video, but audio i have yet to test on it.
going to a cobra verde show next weekend in dc, maybe i’ll get a chance to test it out there.
April 17, 2004 at 4:13 pm #101228
maybe you could seek out an "ok to record" from the charity itself ?April 17, 2004 at 4:32 pm #101229
yeah, try talk to the staff at the venue.. some days earlier. go there with a proof that J’s ok with taping. then the staff will shut up, and be nice to you.. when i tried to tape J, the staff at the club claimed that the contract with J said ‘no taping allowed’.April 18, 2004 at 8:54 am #101230
yeah, but in this case it’s more than just j there … if you have to get the artists’ permission, wouldn’t you have to ask everyone involved ?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)