Home Forums General Discussions Open Topic video out s-cable

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

K7 Rides Again
    Participant

What’s up techies, hoping you all could help with this one…

I have a 64mb ddr Nvidia GeForce4 mx420 with the tv out. Bought an s-cable to connect my computer to my TV but am having trouble getting it to work. I have an s-cable and audio jacks coming out of the computer and running to a converter which changes the cables to RCA jacks to connect to my TV. I’m assuming that once the s-cable and audio cables are all connected, anything on my computer should automatically show up on the TV. I have sound coming of the TV speakers but no video. Video works fine on my computer when playing dvd’s but like i said, there’s no picture on the TV, just sound. So any ideas on what I may be doing wrong and how to correct it? Or, did I just get ripped on a junk s-cable that needs to be returned?
    Thanx :?

Anthony
    Participant

my setup
    laptop with s-diveo (yellow round thing) out, and audio out

plugs into the VCR s-video in and audio in

(i have to hit a function key on the laptop to transfer the display. mine is Function -> F3 (LCD to CRT)

then the laptop screen goes black and the TV screen (set on channel INPUT) turns on with desktop

:)

Mattman
    Participant

Right-click the desktop, hit "properties", go to "settings" tab, hit "advanced"… Should be something in there somewhere, if I remember correctly. (I have an ATI card at the moment, different buttons).

K7 Rides Again
    Participant

Finally found it… just like mattman described. Knew it was in there somewhere, just had to keep looking.
    Anthony…on the internet so my function keys are browser related for the moment. Will see what they do once I log off…

Picture looks great, however, menues and text for pop up windows are really blury, what resolution or dpi should I be using. Probably just going to have to tinker around til I find what’s best huh?
    Thanx again guys.

Hey mattman, PM me. Been a long time since I put that J show mirror of my site on your site and can’t remember how to access it. Thinking I probably loaded the original pics to your site and then they format to the web page tables once the page is displayed. It would be cool if they are the originals and not allready edited.

K7 Rides Again
    Participant

Funky question…you have my set up above. What I want to know…is it possible to link other components to my computer so I can use my monitor to view them?

i.e. would it be possible to run say, digital cable to my computer so that I could view shows on my screen thus utilizing the far superior resolution and picture quality of my monitor? :?

13lungz
    Participant

You can get a TV tuner Card that installs on the PC and you can plug your cable in the card and record, watch, tv anytime you want……

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/category/category_slc.asp?CatId=315″>http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications … ?CatId=315

Just copy this link and paste…….

Hope it works out for you!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.