Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Live reviews / meetups Vancouver setlist- THEY PLAYED DON’T!!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    dcmackin
    Participant

In soundcheck they played Lose and Kracked and maybe something else but i’m not too sure (they jammed a bit).

Anyway, Alaska! and Love as laughter played great sets.

The commodore is an amazing sounding venue!!!! I think this gig was a very close tie to when I saw Nirvana there well over a decade ago. I was floored. The Band and the crew were really great and very hospitable (Thanks Kevin, Ajay, and Kyle!). A couple of my friends and I were fortunate to watch the show from the side of the stage.

Here is the setlist:

SEVERED LIPS
    RAISANS
    YEAH WE KNOW
    LITTLE FURY THINGS
    FORGET THE SWAN
    KRACKED
    IN A JAR
    GARGOYLE
    BULBS OF PASSION
    MOUNTAIN MAN
    THE LUNG
    SLUDGEFEAST

ENCORE:

JUST LIKE HEAVEN
    FREAKSCENE

ENCORE #2:

DON’T

I was really suprised to see DON’T. actually, more like shocked. That is one song I figured they would never, ever play. Actually I never have considered it. Maybe a better review later.. I am super tired.

D

King Tubby
    Participant

That’s totally badass! From the looks of the west coast setlists, though, it seems as if they’ve more or less dropped "Tarpit," which is a shame.

gkay44
    Participant

WOW!, that’s pretty shocking that they played DON’T. Did Lou hand off his bass and take up the mic into his hands and wail his vocal chords? I wonder what made them play it – even back in the early days, it was seldom played live (only 2 times to my extreme-Dino-geek-knowledge).

kracked873
    Participant

damn dude thats nuts that they played don’t, i cant picture lou screaming that these days haha. did he play bass AND sing? cause i know in the old days hed just sing/scream when they played it.

they soundchecked lose? thats pretty sweet too… awesome shit popping up

ammaringnyc
    Participant

I hope someone taped it. Don’t was probably the song I most wanted to hear. That and THey Always COme

Slope1988
    Participant

All my favorite songs by them they hardly play but maybe this is a sign they want to keep touring and with practicing Lose maybe they’ve realized they should play all of their songs. I like all their songs but the rare ones are a treat.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.