Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Dinosaur/J News & Discussions unexpected gifts found in Athens

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Annastefka
    Participant

Hey….I was running around town on Saturday night and I ran into someone who told me they had a few gifts for me. I got a nice little bit of J/Dinosaur memorabilia. I don’t have time to photograph everything but I’ve really enjoyed adding another one of these to my collection. I’m 45 with the brain of a 14 year old….who else would get worked up by a piece of paper like this…………it’s only like a bunch of my favorite songs, some that I haven’t heard live in a while. I think it’s a perfect gift.

[img]http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs040.snc1/2671_1128282719903_1012252542_30396214_4369768_n.jpg[/img]

girl
    Participant

That is the perfect gift! And how wonderful and smile inducing is it when you have somebody who thinks of you and gives these gifts just because they know it’ll make you have fireworks go off in your eyes.

Annastefka
    Participant

Thats true.

King Tubby
    Participant

Nice. That’s the exact set they played in Baltimore back in ’04 — one of the very best shows, out of many, I’ve seen J play.

sh1vers
    Participant

that setlist is fucking ace

Chicago_Fog
    Participant

That’s awesome! I would get worked up about that too!
    It reminds me of the handwritten lyrics to "On the Run" that I have framed above my desk.

[img]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d26/chicagofog/jgle.jpg[/img]

Annastefka
    Participant

Wow, Chicago Fog, that’s real nice……… :D

tonliya
    Participant

What type of gift can I give my grade level teachers as a back to school gift.? I would like to make it personel, in other words,I would like to make. I am on a tight budget, but I want a cute gift they can put on their desk or on a cabinet.

Annastefka
    Participant

Tonliya, What grade are you in?….that is so sweet…to want to give a gift to your teachers. I taught for a few years and I can tell you…gifts from children (parents) really make a teacher feel special and it works wonders for, lets see, how to put it, any parent who was spoiling me with gifts and such, it did create a little soft spot in my heart for that student (especially good for giving me patience with certain sun-signed boys) I had a few boys that I actually thought…I am going to kill that child….in the middle of the night, I’m gonna make my way through the azalea bushes on the side of his house, I’m going to slide open his bedroom window and crawl through, dressed in black…with a mask…and squeeze his little neck until he stops breathing. After I had imagined doing the deed, I felt whole lot better! Only to have the parent bring me a gift certificate for a massage the next day with a card that read "Thanks for not killing my child, I’m sure you want to at times"..My answer….Oh, my gosh, No…he’s just strong-willed that’s all…that trait will come in handy in the future, he just needs to learn to polish it up a bit. trust me he will….I would never think of killing a child!!!

Chocolate…good chocolate is a nice choice for a gift. That there (got to love the southern dialect) framed "On the Run" thing that Chicago Fog has would look really good on my desk. Seeing how our friendship is not really taking off, I think plan B is in order….Hey Chicago Fog, While I go and gather all of my black clothing, can you send me your address and leave your bedroom window unlocked?

erin the great
    Participant
    "King Tubby" wrote:
    Nice. That’s the exact set they played in Baltimore back in ’04 — one of the very best shows, out of many, I’ve seen J play.

I have to agree with this one… :)

The best Dino Jr gift I’ve ever gotten was at the most recent Baltimore show when my boyfriend nearly grabbed the set list out of another kid’s hands and handed it to me :D

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.