Home Forums General Discussions Open Topic Underated Album Corner

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

SG
    Participant

JOHN FAHEY-DAYS HAVE GONE BY(1966)

One of the best guitar records I ever heard.Fahey just needed an acoustic guitar and some reverb.He built a career out of playing ‘primitive american guitar’:a mix of blues,bluegrass,and folk with some world music elements thrown in(on this album he emulates sitar sounds).Hypnotizing acoustic playing.

KUSTOMIZED-AT THE VANISHING POINT(1996)

This one totally got overlooked on it`s release.Led by Peter Prescott(ex Mission Of Burma and Volcano Suns),he had the good sense to hire the drummer from Sugar(Malcolm Travis)who`s manic skinbeating drives these tunes along.A couple of surf tunes thrown in with some rockers with Prescott`s eccentric voice(somewhat like Grant Hart`s voice).I did`nt care for it at first but over the years it`s grown on me alot.

Crazycloud-I checked out the Mellow Candle album and yeah it`s good.Fits right in with Renaissance,Pentangle,Steeleye Span,Sandy Denny,etc. :)

Bucky Ramone
    Participant

Dark Star – Twenty Twenty Sound
    There once was a band called Levitation, don’t know anything of/from them, but apparently someone left, and the three remaining members called themselves Dark Star and the only thing left behind by them is this monster of an album with a sound mixing grunge with the shoegazing sounds of MBV, Ride, Lush, Slowdive etc. and throwing in some Screamadelica for extra effect :)

crazycloud
    Participant

Hey has anyone ever heard of the norwiegan band Honcho>? they have a great hard to find c.d. called commercial rock , and contrary to the title it rocks!! unbelievable, miles ahaead of any newer american bands… they got a new lead singer on their newer stuff, but this album is way better by far!

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.