Tagged: 

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    jeremiah
    jeremiah
    Keymaster

Finally got around to re-encoding this. 😀

Matthoney
    Participant

(As if it didn’t already go without saying) awesome footage.. Weird to see J and Lou speak. Part of me still sometimes wonder if J’s whole gimmick is just an act. Something he plays up to.

Annastefka
    Participant
    "Matthoney" wrote:
    Part of me still sometimes wonder if J’s whole gimmick is just an act. Something he plays up to.

Loved reading your post this morning…yes…I’m sure J’s whole gimmick is just an act…. because each one of us has our very on "act" that we engage in each day. I read a wonderful book many years ago called "The Master Game" by Robert De Ropp…the info in that book stayed with me all these years (I was about 20 when I read it) and I share tid-bits with my kids all the time.

His basic premise was…

essentially life is a series of "games," or "acts", it’s really a matter of which one you want to play.
    By "game," he does not mean anything unimportant, trivial, or not serious; as he states, "having found your game, play it with intensity – play as if your life and sanity depended on it. (because they do)."

I am currently playing the "Mommy who is raising a big family in a small Southern college town, using each days activities as teachable moments… while doing the urban homesteading sort of thing…trying my best to be guided by Matthew 6:33 ….seek God first…then after you do that…the rest of the crap just seems to fall into the correct place"
    So my Gimmick is the Spiritual/Homesteading/Montessori/Mama….but it is just an act that I’ve gotten sort of good at it over the years…..

Chicago_Fog
    Participant

Yeah and my gimmick is trying to avoid all the people with special books that think they have invisible friends in the sky.

alosaur
    Participant

No need to make fun of people’s religious beliefs.

Matthoney
    Participant

Agreed. Chill out man.

Annastefka
    Participant

Oh, it’s okay guys… see that’s Chicago Fogs Gimmick….it’s an on going thing with us…he doesn’t make me too mad. Oh…I heard a preacher say something funny the other day. Marriage is an irrevocable contract you make with a seriously flawed person. I thought…."That’s exactly how I feel" and my husband said.."No, that’s exactly how I feel"..My kids got a kick out of our back and forth.

So I guess part of my gimmick is playing the part of a seriously flawed person. :lol:

but not Chicago Fog….he’s not flawed in any way….. :lol:

tonas

Back to topic, dope effing video! Thanks for posting Jeremiah! What a treat. It was neat to hear songs that were to be on YLAOM not fully finished. You could tell they didn’t know where to end Tarpit, and the lyrics weren’t even all figured out yet.

I love it. :D

Chicago_Fog
    Participant
    "alosaur" wrote:
    No need to make fun of people’s religious beliefs.

It’s so interesting how Religion is Taboo.
    I can say: "Hey back up your claims for that Mathematical equation, I think it’s wrong." But I can’t apply the same logic when people make claims about the origins of the Universe or their claim of ‘knowing’ an invisible friend that created the Universe that is also directly involved with their personal affairs. It’s absurd.

This kind of sums it up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3YOIImOoYM#t=85 J3YOIImOoYM#t=85

I’m out. Like I said this is my ‘gimmick.’

weezerfreak942
    Participant

*cough* Murph’s back guys

empire3
    "weezerfreak942" wrote:
    *cough* Murph’s back guys

Excellent!!!

Guys, all very interesting but I think some of you are looking for this……..

viewforum.php?f=16

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.