Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Array
    Participant

"The Post (live)" from the 10" release of Out There as a digital file. Anone know if it came out on any compilations or anything? I’ve got the 10" but need to get it onto MP3 player as it’s my only current source of music that I’m allowed (Little hands of 1 1/2 yr old son have trashed my stereo so it’s locked away until he’s 16 !!!)

essgee09
    Participant

As far as I know it was`nt on any compilations

mind_glow
    Participant

There is a The Post (Live) on a various artist CDs with Blur, Jesus and mary chain, dinosaur jr and one more band. Its an Melody Maker promo record called Rollercoaster EP. Can’t find any good link to it right now. But I know it’s up on http://www.gemm.com. Try search for Rollercoaster EP or something.

Edit: Found it here http://www.musicstack.com/item/69021841/various+artists/rollercoaster
    My Bloody Valentine is the 4th band.

Array
    Participant

Ok — I’ve managed to find a place to balance my record player on top of the piano out of reach of small hands. Got the 10" out and listened to the version of The Post. Does anyone have the Melody Maker Rollercoaster EP? The version on the 10" has lots of noise at the end and then fades out as "They Always Come" starts.

It might be easier for me to record the 10" into the computer than track down the Rollercoaster sampler. If I can find somewhere to balance the computer too…

mind_glow
    Participant

I tried to buy Rollercoaster EP once but I got the wrong record from the web store. But I’ll buy it as soon as I find a nice and cheap one.

Array
    Participant
    "mind_glow" wrote:
    I tried to buy Rollercoaster EP once but I got the wrong record from the web store. But I’ll buy it as soon as I find a nice and cheap one.

The Jesus And Mary Chain released a "Rollercoaster EP" around the time of the tour. Is that the one you got? I remember the other bands being a bit unhappy about the JAMC calling it that at the time as it made it look like the tour was theirs and the other bands were supporting, but they were all equal billing, alternating running order each night.

mind_glow
    Participant

The one I got is also a Melody Maker CD. Called Rollercoaster U.S and looks pretty much the same on the cover. The one with Dinosaur on is called Rollercoaster E.P
    This is the tracklist:
    1 Jesus and Mary Chain – Teenage Lust (Album Version)
    2 Curve – Clipped
    3 Spiritualized – Medication
    4 Jesus and Mary Chain – Teenage Lust (Desdemoana Mix)
    5 Jesus and Mary Chain – Teenage Lust (Pimpin’ Ain’t Easy Mix)

I guess its not a bad CD but I bought it only for the Dino song. And when I got the CD they had sold the right one so I got the money back.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.