Home Forums Musicians & D.I.Y. Artists Get Discovered Tried to go for a More Light/Free So Free sound…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    HeavenlyAngels
    Participant

I tried to go for a More Light/Free So Free sound when I made this song called Song For Mary Henry:

kerbdogma
    Blocked

Hi heavenly angel. It reminds me a lil bit of them. It’s pretty good. Have you heard
    The Likes. nice voice and sixties vibe. Is Mary Henry a real person? don’t scorn me
    me but I have seen many black and white movies.

HeavenlyAngels
    Participant

Hi, thanks for the comment. I know, this song isn’t really that similar to the More Light sound. At least not songs like “Same Day”, but perhaps more like “All the Girls” or “Does the Kiss Fit”? I mean, not as good, but that’s the kind of sound I would like to get closer to. No, I haven’t heard of the Likes. Can you recommend a song? What should I search for? Any particular music video?

Mary Henry is the main character in the B-movie (cult classic) Carnival of Souls from 1962. The video is footage from that film. So the song’s about her, this movie character. But the lyrics are not bright or anything, I have a very hard time coming up with lyrics/words, so it’s mostly repetition of a few words.

kerbdogma
    Blocked

I don’t know, track 2 or what name grabs your attention. I don’t listen to them. “He’s not a boy” is the first one that come out that i have heard of. Is the little single there you made have a bassline”? It does sound like the More Light songs. I like the lyrics. As far as the Likes go, “what you say and what i meant” has a nice little hook at some 34 seconds.

Superb way. How long did it take you to make this video?

HeavenlyAngels
    Participant

You’re asking if my song has a bass line? Yeah, there is a bass there. Very simple, but you can hear it. Sorry if I don’t understand the question.

Anyway, I just listened to the song “What I Say and What I Mean” now. It’s pretty good but a little to “punky” for me, it has that commercial radio punk sound (for the chorus part) which I’m not too crazy about. I liked the verses more.

The music video for “Song For Mary Henry” didn’t take long at all, I just put together scenes from the movie, which I had ripped from the DVD to my computer. It took a couple of hours, I think.

kerbdogma
    Blocked

Yes I am asking if your song has a bass line, It might be all those years playing guitar in with fuzz treble but I don’t hear them. Good song. That’s a long time to make a video.

“Song for Mary Henry” is one of my faves actually. I ripped a dvd to computer once, If you have any more songs
    be sure to check here. How many songs have you written?

HeavenlyAngels
    Participant

So you too make music? Have you uploaded any songs? I’ve written many songs, but I’ve only uploaded 4 songs/videos under the name The Heavenly Angels so far. I’m working on a new song now, but it’s hard to come up with lyrics (that’s my biggest problem). Here is another of my songs/videos:

kerbdogma
    Blocked

Nice song! I don’t know what to say about the video. Did you tab the guitar at 1:38? If so can you upload the attachment?

Yes! I wrote a six song EP back before I got a real job but never copyrighted it so those ones
    faded away. I have no experience. I’ve only played with one drummer and our only practice song was Mountain Song. I usually just make a stream of conscious lyrics. That way it always sounds like dear stuffed animal music.

I’m disappointed in youtube. Someone told me they never let you delete anything. But I had a few on there.

Why is it the Heavenly Angels . . . So far. Something wrong with your band name?
    I’ll be waiting for your next song, I like them,.

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by Avatarkerbdogma.
    kerbdogma
    Blocked

Maybe you can use this:

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.