Home Forums General Discussions Introductions too late to introduce myself?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    doesitfloat
    Participant

apparently i’ve been on here 8 months. Didn’t bother with an introduction as i just thought i’d be looking through the discussions from time to time, instead i’ve found myself loving this site and checking all the new discussions frequently 🙂
    i’m 16, so i may lack in Dino knowledge from the past, but i love coming here and learning new facts about the band.

i first listened to Dinosaur Jr when my friend had mentioned them and i remembered the name, so i gave Farm a listen since it was their latest album. i loved the guitar noise and amount of guitar on the album, especially tracks like Plans and Friends – apparently i dig bands with a lot of guitar. i then bought YLAOM and listened to it on a week long trip to Wales – i couldn’t get over how good it was, Raisans and Tarpit instantly became my favourite songs 🙂 i remember getting back and immediately searching how many more Dino albums there were….to my relief there were plenty more, from then on i just couldn’t stop listening to them.

anyway, this place is so cool to visit as it keeps me entertained so i thank all of you 🙂

empire3

Hi, I started with Where you been…and now im a addict !

essgee09
    Participant

What other bands do you like?

I`ve been into Dino for over 20 years.Bug is my favorite album

doesitfloat
    Participant

anything alt rock is my thing really – pixies, sonic youth, meat puppets, janes addiction, alice in chains, smashing pumpkins, jesus lizard, minor threat, my bloody valentine, black flag. also love bob dylan. slowly trying to vary what genres i listen too but the whole 80’s 90’s alt-indie rock scene is my favourite by far.

my favourite album has always been you’re living all over me 🙂

essgee09
    Participant

Good list of bands!

When I got into Dino I eventually got into Husker Du,Meat Puppets,Buffalo Tom,Pavement,Sebadoh,MBV,Guided By Voices,Yo La Tengo…

doesitfloat
    Participant

yep! like all those bands! although i’m yet to properly listen to yo la tengo…. i shall dive into one of their albums 🙂

essgee09
    Participant

The best Yo La Tengo album to start with would be I Can Hear The Heart Beating As One.My favorite though is Electr-O-Pura.Blue Line Swinger is one of the best songs ever

doesitfloat
    Participant

okay thanks a lot! and wow that song was awesome, they kinda remind me of a band called Swervedriver, another great shoegazing band.

essgee09
    Participant

Swervedriver were great! The Mezcal Head album is my favorite one

I left out Eric`s Trip on my list there.These guys(and girl) were the best thing to come out of Canada in the `90s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMJT1U4n9Zk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbCZL7rOJhI

doesitfloat
    Participant

Eric’s Trip sounds good, named after the Sonic Youth song i’m guessing!
    there’s a new band from Canada called METZ. – awesome live and have just brought out their debut album. it’s proper grunge/noise/punk.

youtube.com/watch?v=m6qGeNVwwfw

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.