Home Forums General Discussions Introductions this is pretty weird…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    eggwater
    eggwater
    Participant

I used to spend a bit of time on here years ago. What’s really weird is reading back yr old posts. Ten years old some of em.

amazing and frightening that they’re still here.

in the past ten years I’ve lived the rock n roll life then settled down, got married, got a half decent job.

1st time I heard Dinosaur Jr was hearing the Wagon when I was a 14 year old and was hooked. Binned my Neds Atomic Dustbin records and got me a guitar. J Mascis was my idol. Bought all the back catalogue within a few months and was bonefied obsessive. Still am.

Still playing the guitar and other stuff. My musician mates all have kids now so bands aren’t really happening. Still making tunes though on my own (it was always easier this way), and still hoping to one day release nice gatefold double album (that no one will buy).

saw dinosaur last year with built to spill in Leeds UK. Took three 30 odd year olds to get a semi decent mosh pit going. How times have changed.

*strokes chin*

essgee09
    Participant

I remember when you joined here 10 years ago.The board was alot more active.I don`t know if my views on music have changed much since then.I still like Dinosaur Jr and always will.The new “cutting edge rock” does`nt seem to thrill me as much as the `90s.Maybe it`s an age thing.Every generation wants to champion their era of music.I like plenty of old music of past generations too though.

eggwater
    eggwater
    Participant

Yup. I like older music. There’s was definitely more interesting stuff around during my youth or Maybe yr ears change as you grow older.
    Nothing really seems to have that lasting appeal. I’d say my list of this generations bands I like is probably:
    Boris
    Mew
    Witch (obvs)
    The teepee records output is quite good
    Mars Volta
    Battles
    Band of Horses
    Wavves

I reckon most of the newer tunes I like are by older guys playing things heavy.

I don’t get the hipster music of the youth unfortunately.

😉

eggwater
    eggwater
    Participant

The first Witch album was great. Good live too. 2nd one wasn’t as good.

The two J & Fog LPs I really like. J’s solo LP is a good listen too.

And you must listen to 666 by Aphrodite’s Child

😉

eggwater
    eggwater
    Participant

I should add that I prefer Hand it Over to any of the two reunion LPs. But then again I love Hand it Over

essgee09
    Participant

I have`nt listened to Deep Purple that much Tony.I should pull out Fireball again though

Glad I`m not alone in my not getting into the new stuff.I did like the Boris stuff I`ve heard.I should hear a Band Of Horses album myself too.

eggwater
    eggwater
    Participant

The track Fireball – can’t argue with that one!

I liked the new stuff when it came out and I played them to death but haven’t really gone back to them, like I do with all the other records (perhaps not Without a Sound so much)

eggwater
    eggwater
    Participant

lost me?!

eggwater
    eggwater
    Participant

lost me at ‘finger lickers’ sorry Ich verstehe nicht (as j Mascis ‘girlfriend’ might say)

couldn’t connect with No Age. Saw em at ATP I think.

I just don’t get the new music. Soft Moon perhaps, they’re Ok.

eggwater
    eggwater
    Participant

should add I’m obsessed with 1991 The Year Punk Broke…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.