Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Dinosaur/J News & Discussions Think J. would be irritated??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Shackleford
    Participant

So i’ve recently picked up Free So Free. Obviously picked up on the "freedom" concept right away (I got smarts real good). Then I read a few articles and "got" what the whole "freedom" concept was, and how it related to 9/11. Did not shock me in the slightest, J’s take.

Now….without getting into a pissing match, I completely disagree with J’s sentiments in regards to freedom. You could consider me a proud flag-waver. When I’m cruising in my pickup listening to all the freedom references, I connect them with much different scenarios which allows me to hear the songs as very pro-flag-waving-USA’er.

I dig #7. U-S-A.

Think J would be bummed?

kracked873
    Participant

i think j would be like "oh"

AGAP
    Participant
    "kracked873" wrote:
    i think j would be like "oh"

:lol: definitely sounds like something J would say :lol: :wink: 8)

Shackleford
    Participant

You don’t even think i’d get a "huh…i’ll be damned"??

Mattman
    Participant

Nah, there are waaay too many words in that sentence. ;)

Shackleford
    Participant

Sludge….to be honest, I haven’t really followed J for a while. I was a few weeks late picking up "Free" I think. After listening to the CD a couple of times, I kept thinking "Is he playing the same song?? Is my CD player f’ed up??" Then, I read one article, and only one, where J mentioned feeling like his freedoms were gone. Personally, I don’t feel that way at all (then again, i’m far away from the northeast, where i’m sure heightened security can feel very restricting). I feel my freedoms taken away when I strive to make a better salary, and then get rewarded by higher and higher taxes. :?

I play golf though. And I know J. likes golf.

rambleon
    Participant

what’s the patriot act ???

rambleon
    Participant

thanks for that deepsludge …

pretty scary stuff though :o :shock: :(

bigperm
    Participant

Its his opinion.

sonic death
    Participant

I think if J really cared that much about how people interpereted his lyrics/songs he’d include a little book preaching his outlooks with his album :D Also, doesn’t the whole freedom thing have something to do with his newfound passion for skydiving?

rambleon
    Participant

just found all this stuff on the patriot act here :arrow: http://www.bostonphoenix.com/pages/hotpatriot.asp … glad to see that so many americans are against it + are exercising their democratic right to express their dissatisfaction … also glad to see that the boston phoenix took the time to put all the info together on one page :mrgreen:

Curt
    Participant

i don’t really agree with J or shackleford. I guess i just don’t know enough about whats going on with the government to like it or feel threatened by it. maybe if i ever went to airports or watched TV i would feel differently..

Aatos
    Participant

It must feel terrible for an American to realize that its not all liberty and freedom in the states. :mrgreen:

rambleon
    Participant

it’s not all liberty + freedom anywhere … :|

Aatos
    Participant

…But many people think so. :(

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.