July 13, 2002 at 1:55 am #45051
Three quick stories tonite:
1) I am a very poor person. I just had to pay my car insurance bill. It costs me $700.90 to drive my car for six months. Unfortunately I feel to poor to buy gas to drive the damn thing. People!, I’m not driving a fucking camero here. This is for liability insurance on a grey ’89 carolla here! I’m not even capable of speeding in this car.
2) My good buddy Jessie is being a real drama queen since he was turned down (by Amanda’s best friend). This is pissing me off.
3) Amanda is spending some time in Oregon with relatives. She’s been emailing me more often lately and we’ve covered a lot of ground. Basically somebody told her that I liked her, and she "doesn’t want to have a boyfriend right now." Obviously I’m a little upset right now. Amanda was everything (not hyperbole) I wanted in a girl, and she’d rather wait for some shithead expelle to return from texas. She wants to be friends, and I’ll try to take this standing up, but right now It’s all violins. I’d liked her since the day we met, better than a year ago. Once more I’m left wondering if this relationship shit is worth the effort. Maybe I’m just being negative because I haven’t gotten any songs out of this, but I’ve made it nineteen years without a girlfriend, and I’ve been relativley happy during most of it. I should probably log off now before I lose coherence. Good night everybody.July 13, 2002 at 2:04 am #70385
Malcom, I challenge thee to a whining competiton. I’m thinking Thursday. I DEMAND SATISFACTION!
*slaps with glove*July 13, 2002 at 3:12 am #70386
i want in on this whinin’ competition, hell, malcontent can i be your second, can i huh?? i am so full of righteous anger and willing to vent it, virtually if i must… *slap slap slap*
shit i got nothin’ helpful to say, ‘cept an aphorism, misery loves company, so be nice to jessie and his ?? girl, is this the same girl (your best friend’s girl friend)from the last malcom report and she is friends w/ amanda as well, whooh? hey dude, not to be rotten but what effort have you put into this "relationship" with amanda, i mean have you told her how you feel? sorry just ponderin’
<small>[ 07-13-2002, 01:14 AM: Message edited by: sarsaparilly ]</small>July 13, 2002 at 4:58 am #70387
I normally do not comment on your reports simply because I feel unqualified in commenting on someone else’s life’s occurances if offense to me doesn’t occur. Not to mention, people have the right to experience life in their own way through their own particular frame of reference. I try to honor that with silence and appreciation from afar.
I just find the need to express a few things that I risk will enhance my alienation hereabouts on FS:
1. I do not see you as whining, but trying to reconnoiter your growth and development in trying times with equally trying people. Perhaps the weighing of values in each may give you an idea if it is worth it to continue on with them and with the cards you have been dealt. Change is pro-active and any derived satisfaction with a bum deal starts there. The choice is yours at this point, it seems.
2. Hard as it is to swallow, I saw a strange paradox in what you said above. You mentioned not havng a girlfriend for nineteen years and being realtively happy about it. On the other hand you seem sad about it not working out this time, but that it bothers you about not having any songs or whatnot to come out of it. Who knows, maybe the situtation is too new to make sense out of yet.
From what I know to be true, at least in the poetry I have been taught and have written, emotion needs to become thought, then the words come and then coherence. Have you tried writing all this down in black and white, as a stream of conciousness exercise? Keeping everything in the ol’ bean leaves it more grey and unmanagable, at least in my experience.
Who knows, you may even be able to get such a handle on the depth and undercurrents exisiting
in this matter so that you can turn it to something positive for any similar situations that may pop up. The experience is only as valuable as its applications, sometimes. Luck to you, prairie dog.
<small>[ 07-13-2002, 03:55 AM: Message edited by: Half-Man ]</small>July 13, 2002 at 12:14 pm #70388
</font><blockquote><font>quote:</font><hr><font> </font><hr></blockquote><font>I normally do not comment on your reports simply because I feel unqualified in commenting on someone else’s life’s occurances if offense to me doesn’t occur. Not to mention, people have the right to experience life in their own way through their own particular frame of reference. I try to honor that with silence and appreciation from afar.
silence=death or did you not learn that in your keen observation of the human condition??apathetic/selfish coward/complicit in all you observe, don’t honor me with your appreciation and detachment. nothing personal dude i simply hate people like you.July 13, 2002 at 12:21 pm #70389
Pretty harsh sarsp, halfman is a great guy you don’t quite know or understand yet. Sometimes judgements are made without having all the info…seems like what just happened!
AllisonJuly 13, 2002 at 1:54 pm #70390
how ironicJuly 13, 2002 at 4:16 pm #70391
</font><blockquote><font>quote:</font><hr><font>Originally posted by sarsaparilly:
<strong>how ironic</strong></font><hr></blockquote><font>I hope you take Halfman up on his offer, as I mentioned he is a great guy, very hard to make accurate judgements on people based on the limited info provided thru bbs posts…in my opinon anyways.
We don’t always agree on this board but respect is something we expect toward everyone who posts here. It really did seem to me that you were saying…I know you and I hate that kind <img> All apologies if I was wrong. Just didn’t seem fair, so like I said take Halfman up on his offer, you won’t regret it.
AllisonJuly 13, 2002 at 5:25 pm #70392
i have been in an such an angry angry mood lately and any form of chastisement or seeming criticism from perceived authority is too abrasive and frustrating for me to acknowlege or even reason through today, all that and my view of the apathy of others, well don’t get me started on my misanthropy… let me say i am sorry, i apologize for being a brat and mouthing off like a hot head as i am wont to do on any passing man, half-man or creature. sorry, i am.
<small>[ 07-13-2002, 03:26 PM: Message edited by: sarsaparilly ]</small>July 13, 2002 at 5:33 pm #70393
I have a cool distraction technique for angry moods…tall cranberry and vodka with tons of ice… The Asheton Special <img> and watch a funny movie or whatever else your favorite thing is <img>
Appreciate your response, hope you get lots of sun out your way… <img>
AllisonJuly 13, 2002 at 10:24 pm #70394
thanks for the suggestion VF, ahhhh, well i don’t really drink any liquor ever anymore except yummy champagne only occasionally and then only the really good good stuff. and i ain’t got none or do I?however i have been kickin’ back all day and tryin ‘ to keep my cool despite my stormy mood this a.m. rented rushmore and something about mary for the evening so i will enjoy some brain candy and laugh away the mean reds and blue meanies, mebbe i will take a midnight dip at my secret beach?
thanks for putting up with my tantrums, i just know somehow this will not be the last time i write before i think!July 14, 2002 at 2:38 am #70395
<small>[ 07-13-2002, 04:13 PM: Message edited by: Half-Man ]</small>
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)