Home Forums General Discussions Site Suggestions + Comments The J Peel Sessions from 2002.11.28 are now available!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

jeremiah
    Keymaster

The New J Solo Peel Sessions are available for download!

Mostyn posted this into the Usenet groups the other day (both news://alt.binaries.mp3.bootlegs + news://alt.binaries.mp3.indie ) which of course made my day :wink:

Get em here ::
    ~> I Feel Like Going Home {Acoustic/Electric} – Previously Unreleased and heard rarely on the last J Solo Tour

~> Alone {Acoustic/Electric} – I love this version!!!

~> Everybody Lets Me Down {Acoustic}

~> Freak Scene {Acoustic/Electric}

and here is the info contents that was attached to the posting…

Begin NFO

· TITLE ::
    J Mascis – Peel Session, 28th November 2002

INTRODUCTION ::

This was billed as the "J Mascis Acoustic Session" – which kind of stretches the definition of "acoustic" a little bit, at least as far as I understand the word. We do get the occasional blast of electric guitar abuse, and I’m sure we’d be disappointed not to. Whatever … this is a very stripped down Mascis without any Fog – although the last I heard, he was the only member of The Fog! A nice mix of songs here – something old, something new, and something a little bit different.

· MAIN INFO ::

Source: A BBC studio recording captured from FM radio
    Date: Recorded on 20th November 2002. First broadcast on the John Peel Show, 28th November 2002
    Encoder: Lame v .91, VBR, Joint Stereo, q=0, Lowpass Filter = 17 kHz
    Bitrate: min = 112k, max = 224k, average = 154k
    Total Size: 16.4 MB, 14 min 51 sec

· SONG-LIST

1. I Feel Like Going Home
    2. Alone
    3. Everybody Lets Me Down
    4. Freak Scene

· SESSION NOTES

— by Peel Show David

"J Mascis is perhaps best known as the frontman to the legendary Dinosaur Jr. By the time they disbanded in 1997 the band had produced 7 albums. During this time J also produced records for pals fIREHOSE (Mr. Machinery Operator) and Tad (Inhaler), as well as his solo debut, "Martin and Me" in 1996.

He released his first album with "the fog", "More Light" in 2000. "Feel so Free" their second LP was released on City Slang in October. Many of the songs were penned mid-air, whilst indulging in his passion for sky-diving.

The song "Everybody Lets Me Down" was first written and performed for Alison Anders’ film "Things Behind the Sun", but has been reworked for the album, and will be it’s first video. "We just finished it", J says. "A buncha people – Eninem, Abe Lincoln, Elvis – try out for my band, but it doesn’t work and I end up doing everything myself."

J has just finished an acoustic tour of the UK but will be performing on Sunday 8th December with Asheton, Asheton, and Watt (the founder members of the Stooges) at the Mean Fiddler.

For more info check out the band’s website at http://www.freakscene.net"

· CREDITS
    Encoded by Mostyn
    2rd December 2002

End NFO

Big thanks to Mostyn for this :)

* Also – We will Moving to the new server VERY soon

Mattman
    Participant

Fixed your links for ya, big guy. ;)

snoop
    Participant

very nice ! but the alone link is wrong.

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

AWESOME!!!

jeremiah
    Keymaster

THANKS MATTMAN!~~!

FlyingCloud
    Participant

Hey Jeremiah,

it’s great to have these fine recordings available on the site, now :mrgreen: :!:

thanks for that & also big thanks to Mostyn :)

Mattman
    Participant

"Alone" link has been fixed. 8)

indYGo
    Participant

thx .)

AGAP
    Participant

Big thanks for the songs :mrgreen:

simmons
    Participant

have downloaded them all and I am listening to them on my stereo right now.
    thanks! :D

Cloud9
    Participant

hEY Dave :aliensmile:

Thanks a lot for these beautiful songs
    Great session

extranjero
    Participant

guy, thanks for those incredible songs…I’m listening to them now so far away in Chile…and I think that I’m the only one who has the privilege to listen to this songs in this country…thanks a lot….
    I wish j came to southamerica…. :roll:

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.