Home Forums General Discussions Open Topic The Freakscene BBS Awards!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

I have spent many an hour with my crackpot team of scientists, data collectors, pollsters, a trained ferret the fills out complicated insurance forms, and 12 pack of Diet Mountain Dew working on the un-official official Freakscene BBS awards. We’ve collect 100’s of entries, tabulated results, and done double checked our math.

Then the ferret chewed up our papers so I hurredly deemed the awards on whoever I thought fit. Here goes:

Best Personal Website: Mattman
    Best Canadian: Another Girl, Another Place
    Best Name: MaLCoM Is HaVInG aN aVeRage WeeKend
    2nd Favorite Name: el jesus de gordo
    2nd Favorite Band: Smashing Pumpkins
    Favorite TV Show: Simpsons
    Purveyor Of That Which Is TV Related: kurticus7
    Person Who Should Be Moderator: Spaceboy
    MIA: Kxanderson
    Best NFL Team Pez: Detroit Lions
    Most Insightful Poster: salamiguy
    Best Cinematography: Croughing Tiger, Hidden Dragon
    Most Likely To Come Up With Ridiculous Idea Such As An Awards Ceremony: ELJ
    Best Smilie: [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]
    Best "Mood": Caffenated
    Most Likely To Succeed: Jeremiah
    Most Likely To Hit a Pedestrian: Saturnine
    Most Huggable: Antipop
    Most Likely To Be Banned: ELJ
    Greatest Alterego: ELJs alterego
    Most Likely To Secretly Be Famous: defduck
    Most Likely To Be Arrested: Nick
    God Of The Guitar Forum: I’m Insane
    Tech Guru of the Month: Jeremiah

and now, the BIG awards:

Post Of The Year: Jeremiah’s admitting to liking the movie Xanadu in the Guilty Pleasures Thread
    Thread Of The Year: Best Wishes For J
    Poster Of The Year: Jeremiah

And that concludes the Freakscene BBS Awards for 2001! I’d like to thank our musical guest J. Mascis & The Fog, and I’d like to invite all the winners to meet me at the International House of Pancakes at the corner of Hull St. and Broad in Richmond, VA to pick up their prize: a free ham breakfast. Yum! [img]images/smiles/converted/tongue.gif[/img]

Cloud9
    Participant

Its Right There
    U Can See It
    U Cannot Touch It
    But U Can See It
    Its Right There
    Can U Feel It

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Spaceboy:
    <STRONG>
    Its Right There
    Can U Feel It</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

*looks around confusedly*
    Uh, I guess I can feel it. I guess.

ELJs alterego
    Participant

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ELJ:
    <STRONG>Greatest Alterego: ELJs alterego
    </STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

*accepts award*

I’d first of all like to thank the Academy. and looking at the other nominees, it’s really a privledge just to be nominated. Oh, God… I really didn’t think I’d win, I have nothing prepared. I’d like to say thanks to my agent, my wife, uh… Joe Pesci, he’s really been an inspiration all through my career. Oh, my, will you look at this award? It’s so, oh, my. Oh, thank you all, you like me, you really like me!

antipop
    Participant

Last time i checked i was not very Huggable [img]images/smiles/converted/cwm8.gif[/img]
    But hey i still 1 some something- First time ever! [img]images/smiles/converted/cheers.gif[/img]
    Later Trav

Mattman
    Participant

*Mattman takes his bow…* [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrinbounce.gif[/img]

Best personal website, eh… I’ll take it, but now I challange someone to do better… There are many clever people around here, and a little competition will helps us hone our skills… [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]

I have a correction for you ELJ. Our best Canadian is ‘Another Girl Another Planet‘ not ‘Place.’ [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img]

About the Antipop being huggable, I don’t know for sure, but I’ve suspected for awhile that he is covered head-to-toe with sharp quills… [img]images/smiles/converted/naughty.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/lookaround.gif[/img] I wouldn’t hug him without a nice heafty suit of chain-mail. [img]images/smiles/converted/smilie_s.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]

antipop
    Participant

OOHHH YYYeeeaaaHHHH……Mattman knows AntiPop real good……. [img]images/smiles/converted/lol.gif[/img]
    Later Trav
    P.S.: does any1 wanna see what I look like–I am willing to post a pic if any1’s interested [img]images/smiles/converted/confused.gif[/img] The way I see it if Mattman’s not scared to post a pic with a head like that Y should I [img]images/smiles/converted/lol.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/lol.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/lol.gif[/img]
    Later Trav [img]images/smiles/converted/angryrazz.gif[/img]
    P.S.: Any1 wanna hit this [img]images/smiles/converted/bongsmi.gif[/img] with me?

nick
    Participant

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ELJ:
    <STRONG>
    Most Likely To Be Arrested: Nick
    [img]images/smiles/converted/tongue.gif[/img]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

*stealing awards*

HA HA HA, there’re mine, there’re all mine!

ELJ, I’m writing from jail. Yeah, it’s not maximum security but pretty minimal. I get internet access for 1 hour a week, food, and sometimes female companionship. I can’t complain. [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]

nick
    Participant

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ELJs alterego:
    <STRONG>

*accepts award*

I’d first of all like to thank the Academy. and looking at the other nominees, it’s really a privledge just to be nominated. Oh, God… I really didn’t think I’d win, I have nothing prepared. I’d like to say thanks to my agent, my wife, uh… Joe Pesci, he’s really been an inspiration all through my career. Oh, my, will you look at this award? It’s so, oh, my. Oh, thank you all, you like me, you really like me!</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I’ve finally got it! Working hours and hours on end I finally have created the most likable but most obscure of personalities. Ladies and gentleman, from the creators of Rubbermaid, Dupont would like to present a most exciting hybrid… a cross between Adam Sandler and Sally Fields, the Adamally Fieldler.

*A ROAR from the crowd*

[img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]

AGAP
    Participant

Hey ELJ,

While I appreciate the award think I need to say a couple of things. Agree Mattmans site is incredible…thats not surprising at all though given his brainiac powers,he has wicked attention for detail and is pretty sly as well.

When I finally receive my Chicago BEARS pez your Lions/Cryons pez will be mutilated beyond recognition…NFL Central/North rivalry will finally be done with [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img] Hmmm you guys had the best rb in the league at one time….Barry Saunders chose to retire versus continue playing with the Cryons…what is up with that. As to the Cade McClown thing you will being up [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img] I am a proud member of the tradecade.com team, signed up numerous times…he is not BEAR material. Check the site out hilarious graphic of cade… [img]images/smiles/converted/eek.gif[/img]

To get to the point you kinda missed a few people who need to be included….rosadfkgurljavrojohndysondeepsludgejaspergabelroberthagersludgefeastkockneysappyjebusandabout700ofthecoolestjmascisfansOutThere.

Allison [img]images/smiles/converted/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Antipop your not smoking crack out there are you??? [img]images/smiles/converted/eek.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/tongue.gif[/img]

You know I’m just messing with you right AP [img]images/smiles/converted/dizzy.gif[/img]…not making much sense this am…full moon kinda nite at work last nite…ahhhh

Mattman
    Participant

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ANTIPOP:
    <STRONG>P.S.: does any1 wanna see what I look like–I am willing to post a pic if any1’s interested [img]images/smiles/converted/confused.gif[/img] The way I see it if Mattman’s not scared to post a pic with a head like that Y should I [img]images/smiles/converted/lol.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/lol.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/lol.gif[/img]

Hey! Large head == large brain, and that’s all I’m saying about that… [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img]

Yeah, go ahead, post a pic. We’ll see just how funny you look… [img]images/smiles/converted/twak.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

refrencing: Mattman vs. Antipop: Who’s cuter

Good lord, there hasn’t been this much fighting at an awards ceremony since the Source Hip Hop Music awards where some rapper shot another rapper. Yeah, that’s what happened. Or something like that. [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Another Girl Another Planet:
    <STRONG>When I finally receive my Chicago BEARS pez your Lions/Cryons pez will be mutilated beyond recognition…NFL Central/North rivalry will finally be done with [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img] Hmmm you guys had the best rb in the league at one time….Barry Saunders chose to retire versus continue playing with the Cryons…what is up with that. As to the Cade McClown thing you will being up [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img] I am a proud member of the tradecade.com team, signed up numerous times…he is not BEAR material. Check the site out hilarious graphic of cade… [img]images/smiles/converted/eek.gif[/img]

Good site. McNown needs to go. I’m quite content with my boy Batch in Detroit though. He’s mad type underrated.

antipop
    Participant

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEH [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]
    LATER TRAV

Javro

Thanks Alison.

At least someone appreciates us non-award winners….

Surely there could have been an award for the man whose name sounds most like davro?

I’d have won hands down.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.