May 5, 2002 at 3:49 pm #69475
I think I’m about 6 months late on this thread but the female vocalists/bands I really like are:
Come / Thalia Zedlek
Tara Jane O’Neil
Mary Lou Lord
Jodi from the Secret Stars
and if you count some of the Versus songs and My Bloody Valentine whispers.
Like a few other people have said, I really dont find myself listening to bands with girls singing much. It’s nothing intentional, and based on the list above I have quite a few CDs of girl-fronted bands, but I just dont find myself going out of my way to listen to them. Can’t explain it.
-Jamie <img>May 17, 2002 at 3:22 pm #69476
Javro-Victoria Williams is still around,she did a few records since the tribute album;Loose in 94,This Moment In Toronto(Live) in 96,Musings Of A Creekdipper in 98,and Water To Drink in 2000.She`s also in The Original Harmony Ridge Creekdippers with her husband Mark Olson,who used to be in the Jayhawks.She`s in remission with her MS,she`s one of the lucky ones.
I love her voice too,very diffrent,not the kind of voice everyone likes but I think it`s cool.
There`s a story about Frank Sinatra sending her a 1000 dollar cheque when he heard she had MS,she never even met him before,she sent him a painting back that she did and wondered if he ever got it.May 17, 2002 at 7:42 pm #69477
….and there is a new Original Harmony Ridge Creek Dippers album on its way, released through Glitterhouse here in Europe:
MARK OLSON & THE ORIGINAL HARMONY RIDGE CREEK DIPPERS â€“ DecemberÂ´s Child
CD * GRCD 551
den Buck (another Victoria Williams fan….)May 18, 2002 at 2:08 am #69478
Salami – whatever happened to Victoria Williams. Heard she had MS a while back, and the last thing I had from her was the tribute album. Beautiful haunting voice.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)