Home Forums General Discussions Open Topic The Dino song you think could of been made a single but wasn’t…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    doesitfloat
    Participant

Bit of a random one i know… but wondered what songs people think could of been made singles…

i vote Raisans. catchy chorus, catchy riff, awesome bridge, awesome solo – fantastic song.

empire3

Good post ! Agree with Raisins.
    Gonna cheat a bit.

Old – They Always Come
    Middle – Over Your Shoulder
    New – We’re Not Alone

jeremiah
    jeremiah
    Keymaster

Grab It – I thought it was going to be a single after they played it on the John Stewart show but it never happened.

Said the People – have you noticed just how popular that song got on the web? Once it was featured in an episode of Skins (UK) I saw tons and tons of posts with that track and a lot of those lyric added videos shared. I have no idea how to check the actual numbers but I bet the single track did well on itunes and such too.

empire3

WOW – That Said The people thing is insane! I didn’t even notice it? There must be more hits on that song than Feel The Pain on YouTube? (I’m guessing that’s the biggest video for them)
    It’s the 4th most popular track by dinosaur jr on itunes of all time- already 🙂 crazy.

I remember theres a football show in the UK called match of the day(It’s big) on BBC.
    and the guy who done the music years back always had smashing pumpkins or dinosaur jr, it was funny in a strange way.

It’s strange how songs resonate with people, Those instrumentals I(we) posted ‘Too Deep’ nearly has the same amount of views as the whole of the other tracks on the album. In fact it’s been watched 10 x more than Is it Done. I would never have called that!?

Hybridge
    Participant

Re. Said the People and Skins, my kid (16) and her friends watch Skins on YouTube and her friend wanted to go hear Dinosaur Jr play in Sonoma based on her love of Said the People, which she heard on Skins. I was willing to bring her friend along but knew they wouldnt play it and wasn’t sure she’d be into the rest of their tunes, plus it was at a winery, at night, so wasn’t real psyched to have her come with.

I agree on Raisins, We’re Not Alone etc as singles. I know nothing about singles but maybe Pond Song or In a Jar?

essgee09
    Participant

Budge

doesitfloat
    Participant

the power of Skins…..

mind_glow
    Participant

Never bought it.

What else is new – Already 3 singles from Where You Been plus Goin Home video.

I guess most of the time a single is pretty short(not Dino) and catchy. To fit the radio and pick up new fans. There is a couple like that on Without a sound. Yeah right, Grab it, On the brink.

kerbdogma
    Blocked

I was thinking of this while listening to Boston on stereo and wondered what if classical, could complete. I thought what else is new. BUT I agree with Jeremiah, the Grab It single would have been major.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.