Home Forums General Discussions Introductions The chaotic world of eggwater

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

eggwater
    Participant

hello worldwide Dino fans.

Thought I’d write a bit about myself. Considering it’s lunchtime here in Blighty.

eggwater = Adam Pearson
    Adam = 25 years young

I live close to Manchester in The UK and I work at the University as a Researcher and tech bod for our Apple Mac network (though I make this up as I go along ‘cos I have no formal qualification as a computer geek).

Work is just a way of earning enough money to:

a) go snowboarding
    b) buy music
    c) buy music equipment (mainly effects pedals and recording equip)
    d) go out and get drunk.

eggwater is the name of my band…though this is theoretical, as the ‘band’ doesn’t exist…I play all instruments myself and sing…at some point you may hear these songs…they are very Dinosaur/Firehose/Sonic Youth….though recently I’ve started sounding a bit like John Carpenter soundtrack music…which is interesting as this could be THE FOG (hmmmm…coincidence is a strange thing).

I also play guitar bass and drums in another band called ROBOT…we are more electronic though I have free reign at gigs (when I play guitar) to rock out in a D Boon, Mascis, Thurston kinda way…though sometimes I stick to playing Chicken Scratch riffs a la the start of Start Chopping.

I got a lot to write about though I’d hate to bore you…….

My claim to fame is ‘partying’ with LOu Barlow after a Sebadoh gig in Manchester in 1995….he was a barrel of laughs (not really).

ap

[img]images/smiles/converted/eek.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/rolleyes.gif[/img]

nick
    Participant

I can’t stand to waist another day.
    Let me use it let me choose another way.

I’m waistin I’m waistin, I’m waistin
    I’m waistin I’m waistin, I’m waistin

Let me peel up off the floor
    got a face I need and more
    your on my mind ………….

Got get along, hey come on, hey come on,
    Got get along, hey come on, hey come on,

your the one that can save me.

tootototototllllloootoooroollluuuuuuullruuuu.

I don’t listen to this song to much as you can tell. However I’ve got a video that captures this songs powerful drum beat perfectly. HEHE!

–Wouldn’t bet the ranch on the lyrics?
    [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]

I’m waistin, I’m waistin, I’m waistin

AGAP
    Participant

Hey eggwater,

Great intro, never boring though fill in whatever you feel the need to.

Definitely with you on the work thing, my goal is work less get paid more…I think my scale would be
    a…buy music
    b…drifting/hanging out with friends
    c…getting altered..well sometimes anyways
    d…secret biological experiments

welcome to the boards [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]

Allison [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img]

K7 Rides Again
    Participant

hey AGAP, what’s "getting altered"? Have a few ideas but never heard dis slang befo’

AGAP
    Participant

Hey Kurticus,

Getting Altered means achieving an altered state by some means…could be an Asheton Special….tall vodka and cranberry on ice or whatever gets you to the place you want to be.

Allison [img]images/smiles/converted/eek.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]

K7 Rides Again
    Participant

I was figuring the drink or da tweed (although I was thinking maybe some tattoo work). Tomorrow’s payday…time for a little seven and seven and a phatty lumpkin…can’t wait to get altered! [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img] thanx for the slang [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img]
    kurtis

AGAP
    Participant

Hey,

I was thinking of some tattoo work actually, ring or braclet is my current thinking. Actually quite a pain freak though, probably chicken out without some kind of fortification. [img]images/smiles/converted/cheers.gif[/img]
    Of course that depends on the length of pass I am allowed from my current enclosed area….. [img]images/smiles/converted/spit_take.gif[/img]

Enjoy yourself tomorrow, my thoughts will be with you..although pain may be my primary thought at that point. Got rained out tonite at a patio party….the umbrella upsidedown/inside out trick happened at least six times…god I was soaked by 7pm..ahhhh. so dealt with the pain via cheap champagne and layered coffe liquor. Hey I am on holidays its allowed [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]

Allison [img]images/smiles/converted/tongue.gif[/img]

eggwater
    Participant

hello there.

a bit more about me me me….

graduated in 97 with BSC American Studies

not easy to find decent work so I’ve been Admin, office chump for a few years then a database designer, a semi-web designer now a researcher, information officer and Apple Mac Afficionado.

work bores – sorry

currently enjoying playing gigs…I have a solo gig on 9th July at a bar callled Centro in manchester…I will be playing guitar and other instruments through my Line 6 delay modeler/samplerand other effects pedals..just overlaying loops and semi-improvising and attempting to make my SG sound like a whole band or something…should be fun.

looking for a new job…I wanna be able to save £3000 before December so I can disappear for 4 months snowboarding over the winter…probably in the French Alps (though I haven’t ruled out North America…I can however use the car if I go to the Alps.

The Car = A Volvo 440 1.8SEi = my second baby (next to my SG). Bought her last year. She does 110 mph easily…I like that!!!

see ya.

ap [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img]

AGAP
    Participant

Hey Eggwater/AP,

Thanks for filling in the blanks, definitely quite the varied existence…never boring hopefully [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img] Sad thing is I like what I do, just don’t want to have to do so much of it. Have it pretty sweet though, they pay for my continuing ed and encourage reasearch..and I don’t mean my underground work. Working on Risk Assessment tool currently, kind of fun actually….like I said kinda sad [img]images/smiles/converted/frown.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img]

Good luck with the gig, any chance of posting some sounds? Would love to check out a new Manchester sound [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]

Also hope you reach your goal and can drift away into the mountains…sounds great [img]images/smiles/converted/tongue.gif[/img]

Allison [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]
    Hoping to get a new car by December…new little black Celica is top of the list currently [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]

eggwater
    Participant

Celica? Little?

thought they were quite large n’ powerful?!

Oh I’m jealous too ‘cos you have BIG mountains in Canada.

c’ya

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.