Home Forums General Discussions Open Topic The Bronx needs your help!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    kathleen
    Participant

Hi everyone!!
    Please watch our new video.
    The response to the first two videos help restore State funding, now it’s time to work on the City.
    The Bronx Zoo is so important to our community !!! The money brought in by the zoo also helps secure land and save wildlife!! We are all about education and conservation!
    You do not have to be a NY resident to sign the petition.
    BTW, the animals seen in the video are the sweetest souls in the world. Range from orphans to abandoned pets.
    Thanks again.

http://www.bronxzoo.com

Robert
    Participant
    "kathleen" wrote:
    You do not have to be a NY resident to sign the petition.

How about US resident ? I’m not sure whether or not your Mayor Bloomberg is concerned about the opinions of norwegians ?
    Also, and I say this with the utmost respect, the thought of animals in captivity make me cringe, but I’m guessing you know a fair bit more about zoos than I do, are they leading satisfying lives ?

kathleen
    Participant

Hey Robert!

In a perfect world there would be no need for zoos. Unfortunately this world has not been kind to our furred, feathered, scaled and slimey friends. I appreciate your question and understand why one would ask it. I can honestly say I wish every zoo was like the Bronx. Our animals are our number one priority – trust me, we are not here to make big $$!
    Our animals are in state of the art exhibits and enrichment is a very big part of their daily routine ( we need to not only worry about their physical well being but also their psychological health as well.)
    The monies raised by our facilities help save animals in the wild. We have conservation efforts going on on every continent. We need to secure lands to protect animals.
    I was raised in the city and my only contact with wildlife was the zoo. I have always loved this place. It is a priviliege to be part of such an organization. I also get to reach out to other city kids and nuture their innate love of animals.

And trust me – I am a bleeding heart bunny hugger. Next year will be the 30th anniversary of me turning vegan!
    Don’t want to ramble, though I feel I already have!!

Thanks for the question and anyone who finds themselves in the area PM me. Would love to give a tour.

kathleen
    Participant

Forgot to add – you can read about our conservation efforts on our webpage.
    http://www.bronxzoo.com”>http://www.bronxzoo.com
    go to "about wcs" . neat stuff.
    and yes I believe everything i am saying – i did not drink the kool-aid :) :wink:
    leaving work now. have a night of intense yoga then serious imbibing!

Robert
    Participant
    "kathleen" wrote:
    enrichment is a very big part of their daily routine ( we need to not only worry about their physical well being but also their psychological health as well.)
    The monies raised by our facilities help save animals in the wild. We have conservation efforts going on on every continent.

Thanks for a thorough explanatrion kathleen. I especially liked the part I’ve quoted, makes me confident that the animals in your zoo aren’t confided to cramped concrete spaces, deprived of stimulation and care.

kathleen
    Participant

Thank you so much for the kind words. Hope you make it to NY sometime. Would love to show you around!
    kathleen

Robert
    Participant

I enjoy your city’s vinyl stores, and having never been to a zoo, I’d like that very much :D
    I’ll bring this thread back from the dead if I should find myself in NY.

essgee09
    Participant

A zoo/vinyl place would be cool.Say you`re looking for the Super Furry Animals,one could be there.Or The Cranes,some real cranes could be there.

tonas

Maybe there are little fury things there.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.