Home Forums General Discussions Open Topic Survey…Does music play in your head?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Annastefka
    Participant

The answer for me is No…but Freakscene friends…if you have a few moments could you help. I have a friend named Brian Pope, who once lived in Athens and was a drummer….he went away and got his PHD in Psychology and is now conducting a survey relating to music/musicians and non musicians and on the different aspects of "hearing music in your head/mind" he is collecting data for a study. Could you take some time out and answer some questions for him? You don’t have to give any personal information about yourself other than if you are male or female. The only time I ever hear music in my head is right after hearing a song…sometimes it will play again in my mind but I never hear music in my mind that is original…you know what I mean. I also can’t listen to music while I read or study, I find that too distracting. These are the sorts of questions he asks. It took me about 15 minutes to complete the questions.
    I will get some brownie points from him for bringing more peeps to his study,a big hairy hug with his Z Z Top style beard touching the top of my head because he is like 6 feet 4 inches tall. His wife teaches Art at the same University where he works…both are fantastic folks. Thanks.

click here:
    http://www.questionpro.com/akira/TakeSurvey?id=1424195

[img]http://hphotos-snc1.fbcdn.net/hs148.snc1/5494_1208171559004_1070156286_669793_6330161_n.jpg[/img]

maxini
    Participant

Took the survey

Annastefka
    Participant

Thanks Maxini…I had lady gaga paparazzi,stuck in my head the other day…..I have a some real issues with lady gaga….I actually thought about putting the cold metal end of a gun barrel in my mouth and pulling the trigger but alas it went away…..I’m just kidding about shooting myself but I did hear the song while waiting to pick up my kids…got in the car and the song was still in my head….and I really felt sick….like I had been hypnotised and poisoned by some sort of sell your soul to the devil sort of pop.

You should hear my 10 year old defend lady Gaga…but Momma she can read music…and she can really play the piano and she speaks French….

Well, my Momma hated Ozzy Osborne….if only I thought he could read music…play the piano or speak French…perhaps I would have had the balmy words that would have soothed my Mothers nerves.

Which brings me to the song that’s thrilling me today….

Annastefka
    Participant

my kids came told me to correct my spelling ….yay…for them for being on the ball….change that to an ourne at the end…thanks…

tonas

Took the survey Stefka. Hope it helps your friend out. :)

Robert
    Participant

I’m pretty sure I aced it, when is the winner announced ? And what is the first prize ? A diesel fueled seesaw ? With pinstripes !

PunkyJ
    Participant

I don’t know if it is too late, but I took the survey. Hope it helps.

Yeah Right
    Participant

Again this may be too late but I completed the survey. Some of the survey items in there kind of caught me off guard, being sort of accurate statements I could attribute to myself. I wonder to what degree these things are related. Annastefka, any chance you could update the thread if the study is completed/published?

Annastefka
    Participant

I will see what info I can gather..I’ll be seeing Dr. Pope and family in a few weeks…..we do a garden race….kind of see who’s tomatoes do the best…who’s peppers are the hottest…right now we are in the who’s seedlings are off to the best start part of the race. Who will end up with the biggest harvest in the big muff museum…stuff like that. Tsunami…balloon boy…..give me a zucchini for crying out loud.

Yeah Right
    Participant

Cucurbita Pepo.Thank you. So who had music playing in their head? I had They’re Blind by The ‘Mats on a few days back and it’s been stuck in there ever since.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.