Home Forums General Discussions Open Topic Subway Stories BLOG

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

fata morgana
    Participant

Hello, I am wondering if anyone has some special stories to tell about their daily activities or whether they witnessed any form of weirdness or dim-wittedness and how this has affected them throughout the course of their daily lives. Just daily shock(s) about what life is like in your part of the world… :shock: :lol: :oops: :x :idea: :?: :!:

buckingham rabbit
    Participant

How about an example of what you’re looking for coming from your own life?

malcom
    Participant

Um. . .Ever read the Malcom Report.

I also have a LiveJournal, but that isn’t as good.

malcom
    Participant

Um. . .Today I bought Bunnygrunts "Action Pants" and Yo La Tengo’s "I Can Hear the Heart Beating as One." When I brought the two to the counter I said:

"I am so begging to get my ass kicked."

buckingham rabbit
    Participant

Dude, anyone who DOESN’T have "I can hear the heart beating…" should get their ass kicked, so consider yourself saved. :wink: 8)

fata morgana
    Participant

Well, I don’t have YLT, so kick my ass, then. Hey, buck rabbit, what I mean is: I live next to a drinking establishment. I am starting to pick up a lot of stories from this very fact. The other night some young guy beat up an older guy and left him passed out (or for dead) in the alleyway. One woman came to get her man, told him to come home, and he became hysterical and said "Leave at the back of the bar, leave at the back, get out of here!!" Stuff like that. A few weeks before I got laid off from my job, taking the bus in the morning was like walking on razor blades. I couldn’t stand it anymore. Why can’t people be more zen about life? I understand what saying this means–how naïve or dreamer-like of me. I have such a greenmind. :mrgreen: 8)

AGAP
    Participant

There are several bars down the street from me, which can be a good thing sometimes :wink: I feel your pain about the after hours crap that goes on…lots of screaming, strangers knocking on my door for me to call them a cab, they get pretty pissed off when I don’t answer the door @ 3am….YIKES :shock:

Last week a few people were hanging out for a late nite beverage on my patio, really private area with tons of trees & strategically placed flower pots for maximum privacy. No one can see us but we can see them :wink: My neighbor drives up in his truck, jumps out and starts throwing up by my fence, crying about drinking too much tequila :shock: :lol: :wink: He never knew we heard his… :shock:

Next time I saw him I asked him if he wanted a shot of tequila :P

fata morgana
    Participant

Haaaa! Tequilaa, la,la,la,la,la,la,la,la… I hear ya, Frankenstein! :aliensmile: :mrgreen: :oops:

SG
    Participant

I had another psychic experience of the musical kind the other day :shock: I was thinking about the Richard and Linda Thompson song Walking On A Wire,I had`nt heard it for a long time then I go into a record store as soon as I walk in the door they`re playing…
    Walking On A Wire by Richard and Linda Thompson :shock: :) 8)

likeaghost
    Participant

weekends are not defined when you work at a 24 hour establishment. I had three days off last week and a frined visiting from philly. I hopped a ride to philly, a bit lifted, got there, returned thanks to gravity, realized my position, paniced, caught a phillies game, jumped on the subway, paid for a sixty cent paper with a quarter, silver dollar and a dime, through bars on a change over no less, caught the amtrak to pittsburgh, oh forgot to mention the philly cheese steak, Pat’s is heaven, gin in the club car, home on a train, why’d you send my monkey on the train, the day that you arrived my sleeping money did revive, but you sent him home on a train…

back in pittsburgh. First shift back, a fast paced suit flies into the store throws a sliver dollar and a quarter down on the counter for a paper :mrgreen:

FlyingCloud
    Participant

Once in a while, I also work on Saturday, so did I yesterday. This means, I have to be there at 6:30 am and leave between 2:30 and 3:00 pm. that’s because the people who maintain the office building want to quit earlier than on other working days. 6:30 am is the the thing that bothers me most, besides of the fact that it’s 6 working days in a row and a 1 day weekeend :roll:
    the pros are, it’s paid well and at the job it counts as good commitment etc.

I live here in the heart of a big, nation wide notoriously well known red light district, and work in a lifeless bloodless office district in the north of the city. so at 6 am on Saturday, I meet crowds of night owls in the underground station and in the train. today, in my wagon, 2 young women were harassed by 3 drunken guys, who called them sluts, and therefore the women hit the guys :shock:
    One of the guys was so extremely drunken and aggressive that he was really trying to hit the women back. his friends, who were a bit more sensible, kept him away, but it was a loud scene of shouting and offending. the two women came through the wagon to get away from the guys after hitting them, and sat down in the seats right opposite of me :evil: :roll:
    The aggressive guy shouted sluts! sluts! and the women were uncareful enough to shout back, we’re no sluts, which kept the anger in the guy alive, and meanwhile 3 other guys in the wagon had all worries to hold him away from them.

I said to the women, don’t bother to reply! who cares what he says, but any reply makes him even angrier, it doesn’t help. but the women were out of their minds in a way, and always repeated, we’re no sluts. the guys left at one of the next stations and the women kept their seats & rode on.

I wasn’t afraid a sec because of myself, I doubt very much that the guy would have harmed me, even if he would have managed to get through to our seats. I wouldn’t have let him harm me. I only saw the possibility, that I could have been forced to drag him away from the girls etc. better, he didn’t get close to them.
    The guys changed trains with me, and I paid attention very carefully not to get into the same wagon with them… :twisted:

FlyingCloud
    Participant

oh yeah, and another subway story from yesterday, I mean, a subway station has been closed because of it… so it might also belong here…

On my way back home from work yesterday, I realized that all bus lines were cancelled and all streets around the office buildings were blocked, no cars anywhere. Far away I saw a lot of police cars, but no-one in sight to ask what’s up. :? so I walked towards the subway station which is ca. 1 km away. it was nice sunny weather, so I was still in good spirits. several groups of alternatively looking young folks came towards me, and it was kind of spooky. It reminded me of a novel by Doris Lessing, where crowds of bohemians completely take over the streets.

When I turned into another street, I walked past a row of policemen- and women, who blocked the street, standing side by side. no cars were on the streets, and apart of some alternative folks here and there, the street was completely empty. I realized that there must be some demonstration for or against something somewhere down the road.
    When I came to the underground I just saw that the station was closed. the trains were going, but didn’t stop at that station because of the demonstration. I asked the subway official, who has closed the station right before my nose, how long it would possibly take, or where I could go. he said he didn’t know how long it would take, and directed me how to walk to the next station.

on the way to that station, 3 alternatively looking guys asked me if there was police where I came from, and I told them, yes, that there was lots and lots of police ahead, who blocked all streets around the demonstration. I mean, I still didn’t know, for or against what it was, and these few young alternative folks didn’t look aggressive enough to justify that big number of militarily looking policemen :? :? :?

So I asked a couple who was also on their way to the next underground station, and they said it was a neonazi-demonstration. oh, ok. with antifascistic counter-demontrants. that could escalate.
    embarassing it is, to have neonazis in town, who really manage to organize a big demonstration like that. the antifascists are working hard on not to let them, but still. :( :( :(
    Well, like Voltaire said, I would give my arm in the name of free speech, even for my biggest enemy… but I hate it, how they use democratic institutions for promoting their thoughts, being fully anti-democratic themselves :evil:

I mean, there is not a big number of neonazis here in town, basically they live in some poor outskirts around the city. but in eastern germany they’re numerous and that’s what scares me more.

Aatos
    Participant

What is a "NEO"Nazi???

SG
    Participant
    "Aatos" wrote:
    What is a "NEO"Nazi???

Neo means modern day,as in 2004 nazis instead of WWII nazis

Robert
    Participant

Sounds like you’ve had an eventfull weekend FC. Though not the most pleasent experiences. Good thing you didn’t have to use your secret FC kung-fu skills on those drunken morons, and a sad thing there wasn’t 1000 ninjas around to kick some serious nazi butt.

Robert, who’s watched three frightfully bad, but still awesomely cool ninja flicks today.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.