Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Live reviews / meetups Stuff you got from a concert

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author

jeremiah
    Keymaster

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nick:
    <STRONG>When is J’s birthday?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by passion:
    <STRONG>I saw J in London,on 10 th of December! It was a great concert, a wonderful night, Js birthday and i got the best memory ever…</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[img]images/smiles/converted/lol.gif[/img]

Javro

Passion

That gig was great – the Astoria.

Rubbish support though. In fact, with the exception of Come, I cannot think of one decent support band I have ever seen with J or Dinosaur out of about 15 times.

Just did – Bettie Serveert. They were cooool.

nick
    Participant

I saw dinosaur in 1995, with KYUSS. That support band rocked!

passion
    Participant

Javro,

I agree! The support group was the worst ever…we were wondering if J had listened to them…
    That ear damage came to an end soon…when J started to sing…

Alfie Noakes
    Participant

Me & my mate had a "smoke" with J & George when Dinosaur Jr played Glasgow in ’97.What a laugh. George was ripped!!They were very generous with the free booze as well.Thanks guys.I met Watt & Ron Asheton after the Fog gig on Jun 5th ,and we got some cool photos.Gig of the year!!!

Anthony
    Participant

i got this xeroxed copy of the bands names from the blackcat show in DC, it’s cool, but the guy behind the desk checking ID’s drew swastikas on it, and now i have it in a frame somewhere.

rosa
    Participant

I have many cool trinkets from Dino shows, but perhaps the weirdest is the one from Dallas (Trees, October 1997)….When the band came out for their encore, George threw a handful of fake 1000-dollar bills into the audience. George, perhaps you can explain yourself?

(my favorite little piece of ephemera is the little picture of J & me in my wallet.)

nick
    Participant

Rosa,

I also got a picture. To bad I’m not in it, but i took the picture. It is an extreme close up (about 3 feet away). J was kind enough to oblidge me with a grin. Is he smiling in your picture? I should have got one of him and me, but i refrained from taking up more of the guys time.

Peace. [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]

<FONT>[ July 10, 2001 04:31 PM: Message mutated 1 time, lastly by nick ]</font>

shane
    Participant

We racked up on stuff when J. came to Nashville. We met the band, got our ticket stubs autographed. J. personally handed me a worn pick. My friends grabbed the set list and all kinds of other silly stuff from the stage…water bottles, purple masking tape, you name it. They went a little overboard. But I was so damned happy to meet J. The pick was in my pocket for good luck while my band was recording our first CD. I’ll cherish that and the auto forever. Really made my day!

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.