Home Forums General Discussions Open Topic strange dream

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    bob
    Participant

This one is classic

October 23rd 2002

I was a guest on the Oprah Winfrey show. Doug Martsch (Built to Spill) was the musical guest. Doug came out by himself with an electric guitar and started to sing "heart (things left unsaid)" really beautifully, closing his eyes and tilting his head up. They must have gave him a makeover because his hair was reddish with lots of "body" and he wore a loud pastel orange three piece suit.

Just as the song was hypnotizing everyone Robin Williams comes out and starts yelling randomly and making jungle noise into a mic and beating a toy snare drum.

I think I woke up then.

expect nothing
    Participant

oooo veeery strrange i’m imagining Robin Williams now hehe – my wiredest dream involved a hell of a lot of straanage things including sweets tumas aliens and lots of blue – ive had it quite alot its straaange i keeep saying im gonna make a little story out of it but im too lazy

malcom
    Participant

I just have school dreams. Or dreams about girls (always bad drams).

But I’ve never had a sex dream, ever. Is this weird?

Your dream sounds like my future band. Cool.

bob
    Participant

nothing to worry about Malc I don’t think I had a classic "sex dream" either. Maybe if I had more sex in real life. Hmm, good hypothesis. To the lab…

rosa
    Participant

In my sex dreams, everyone always has their clothes on.

If anyone can explain the sordid meaning of this, I’m open to suggestion.

bob
    Participant

happens to me too. Dry humping dreams. can I say dry humping?

Anyway, back to my dream. I totally wanted to kick Robin Williams’ ass.

Javro
    Javro

I very rarely remember my dreams, but had one the other night (I’d had no booze or weed, and was "lucid") in which I was at a hospital, and one of my first ever girlfriend’s gave birth to a child, and said it was mine. I found this difficult to believe for 3 main reasons….
    1/ I hadn’t had sex with her since we were 14 – 13 years ago. That’s a long pregnancy.
    2/ The baby was 7 years old when it came out – it was very peculiar
    3/ The baby was of ethnic origin.

I woke up afraid and alone.

Rosa – guess you just don’t have time to take em off – that’s passion for you. But "everyone"??? How many people are there usually in your fully clothed orgy dreams?

bob -I think you can say dry humping. I just said it to my secretary and she laughed. Admittedly, there was no context. Plus, you didn’t say it – you wrote it, there ain’t a jury in the land that would convict you. You’re a free man

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

NOT A DREAM BUT IT HELPS EXPLAIN THE FIRST DREAM, MAYBE:

I have a friend who got backstage at a Jimmy Eat World show as they were throwing him out for thrwoing quarters at American Hi-Fi and the drummer from JEW gave him a poster for Robin Williams’ One Hour Photo.

Now, question of the day, why did JEW have One Hour Photo movie posters just lying around? Why?

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

</font><blockquote><font>quote:</font><hr><font>Originally posted by rosa:
    <strong>In my sex dreams, everyone always has their clothes on.

If anyone can explain the sordid meaning of this, I’m open to suggestion.</strong></font><hr></blockquote><font>Very simple. In dreams you can only dream about things somewhere in your subconscious, and quite frankly, you don’t know what I look like naked.

jasper
    Participant

But she does know what you look like clothed? How come?

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

I’m sure I’ve posted a pic before. Probably.

fata morgana
    Participant

What can be interpreted in dreams is usually the contrary what is real life, unless you have premonitions, of course…

jasper
    Participant

</font><blockquote><font>quote:</font><hr><font>I’m sure I’ve posted a pic before. Probably.</font><hr></blockquote><font>Right. Dream on.

In other news, a few weeks ago I had a dream that my father was in Neil Young’s band. During one song Neil stopped playing, walked over to my dad, and gestured something like, "what the hell are you doing?" My dad pointed at the sheet in front of him, indicating: "that’s what it says." Neil shook his head, looked at the music on the sheet, and had to admit that my father was right. That was what it said.

I also had a dream once — much longer ago — that I had to play bass for Dinosaur Jr. (I can’t play bass, I’ve never even tried.) We were on stage, J was going at it with his guitar, and I had no idea what I was supposed to do. Scary.

Samwise
    Participant

Wow jasper that’s weird. I actually dreamed almost the same thing.
    This one time, at band camp…
    ok seriously I once dreamed I was playing with J at the Bizarre Festival as a rythm guitarist. And I do know how to play the guitar and we rocked. I remember trying to catch his eye, but he just kept soloing with his eyes closed.

fata morgana
    Participant

Dr. Malc, please do not go shoot yourself! You have school dreams probably because you are anxious about school (and chicks too, I guess) Baby dreams might mean death of something–a right of passage, maybe–sex with clothes on might mean desire for sex with clothes off (that would be my wild guess) Although dreams are probably taylor made to fit your experiences in life… I have a lot of wandering dreams, sometimes they are premonitions…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.