Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Dinosaur/J News & Discussions stooges tribute – tiny review

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

rambleon
    Participant

did anyone post this before ??

this is a fan’s mini review of the AAMW stooges tribute within a larger review of the primal scream brixton academy show in december of 2002 http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/getwriting/A895115

FlyingCloud
    Participant

nice find, rambleon, haven’t seen it before :) …who is meant with that "Tony Clifton" guy, Lou Barlow :?:

Quote:
    the two stooges (6)

the epilogue of the evening came from a bizarre source, with the unexpected appearance (i believe judging from the handwritten notices around the venue and bobby’s incoherent ramblings about real effing rock’n’roll) of asheton, asheton, j mascis & watt.
    two founding stooges (not iggy, natch) teamed up with j mascis of dinosaur jr fame (7). their wall of white noise run through of their back catalogue was either inspired, or a freak show. i wasn’t quite sure. particularly when a guy who looked like andy kaufman’s "tony clifton" ( 8 ) incarnation came on to sing ‘1969’ – a song a mere 33 years behind the times. utterly bizarre. but fun.

rambleon
    Participant

well, i wasn’t there that night (i went to see them the next night when they headlined), but i recall reading somewhere that lou barlow did help them out w/one song on the p.scream night as well … so i guess it could be him :?: :aliensmile:

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.