Home Forums General Discussions Open Topic SSSCA: 1984 has arrived! Ladies & Gentalmen, kiss your r

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Mattman
    Participant

Read This, then run to the bathroom to vomit up your last meal.

Here’s a quick snip:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote

Quote:
    The SSSCA, in a nutshell, mandates that pretty much anything that carries bits and bytes will need to support some sort of (as yet unspecified) content protection scheme. Now your digital devices will be mandated to spy on how you use them, and since tampering with them to stop the spying is already against the law… welcome to 21st century digital serfdom, where you don’t actually own anything in any meaningful sense of the word–everything you use for work and play is leased, and you can be evicted from those leases without a moment’s notice for the mere suspicion of violating your terms of tenure.

This is downright scary. PLEASE people, if you live in the US, right your congressmen and tell them that you will not stand for this sort of Draconian governing. [img]images/smiles/converted/mad.gif[/img]

Also, be warned that if this passes in the US, it will more-than-likely spread to the UK and Canada as well… [img]images/smiles/converted/eek.gif[/img]

[img]images/smiles/converted/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/mad.gif[/img]

Mattman
    Participant

Hey Deepsludge, that thread is an exact copy of the article. The original can be found on the Ars Technica frontpage, but it’ll only be there for a week or so. Ars ties in heavily w/ their forum so that there’ll be a permanent copy w/ lots of discussion. [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img]

I sure don’t see any protection for the people in that thing. Its 100% corporate intrest. [img]images/smiles/converted/mad.gif[/img]

Mattman
    Participant

That’s the problem… This bill seeks to remove ‘NO SPY’ from the list of options. It will be illegal to make or sell anything without the spy tech. [img]images/smiles/converted/mad.gif[/img]

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

Yeah, I agree with you wholeheartedly Mattman. My Message Icon shows my thoughts on the bill.

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by deepsludge:
    <STRONG>H to the izz-O, V to the izz-A
    Fo’ shizzle my nizzle used to dribble down in VA , H to the izz-O, V to the izz-A That’s the anthem get’cha damn hands up ~ JZ </STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What the…???

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by deepsludge:
    <STRONG> Killer hooks stick in my mind . [img]images/smiles/converted/cool.gif[/img]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I’m not from the hood. I generally try avoiding killers.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.