Home Forums General Discussions Open Topic Sparklehorse and me!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

OK, this is two cool.

Yesterday, at the local Food Lion here in paradisaic Enon, Virginia, I ran into, the one, the only – hometown legend Mark Linkous of Sparklehorse fame.

This is the second time I’ve run into him since living here, the first coming when he pulled up to a 7-11 on a motorcycle and I bumped into him in the parking lot.

He signed my copy of Distorted Ghosts EP I had in the car, and told me he’d show me the recording studio someday. I prolly should have gotten his address, lol.

Anyway, sorry for rambling, it’s just cool to run into a guy who’s band I like so much.

SG
    Participant

Jaron-that`s cool you got to meet him;I`m always hoping I`d meet someone around here someday like the Eric`s Trip members,especially Julie Doiron;almost bought her new album this morning.
    Maybe your name will pop up on the next album.

AGAP
    Participant

Hey Jaron

Thats pretty cool, not bad having distorted ghost on hand…gotta love that. You didn’t crash into his motorcycle at that 7-11 and make him spill his slurpee did you? I probably would have. IF you run into him again get the address!!!

Allison

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

I hope to, Allison.

You msut understand, Enon, Va has like 2000 people tops, and a recent richmond.com story on him has pictures of his farm.

I could prolly track him down and show up and be like "Mark, what’s up?" if I felt like it some weekend.

I should!

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

Oh, and to clarify, I didn’t bump his motorcylce with my car, lol, I meant "bumped into" in the "was walking along one day and who should I happen upon but…" sense.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.